This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and real estate operating companies, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust is looking for a successor to CEO Dennis Gershenson.
* Digital Realty Trust Inc.'s Kathleen Earley resigned as a member of the board, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
* Park Hotels & Resorts Inc directors Robert Harper and Tyler Henritze stepped down from the company's board.
* Benjamin Wall was appointed to the board of Condor Hospitality Trust Inc., replacing Mark Linehan, who stepped down.
* Playa Hotels & Resorts NV tapped Richard Fried, managing member and head of the real estate group at Farallon Capital Management LLC, to serve as an interim nonexecutive director effective Dec. 31, replacing Stephen Millham, who will resign.
* Extendicare Inc. appointed Al Mawani to its board to serve until the company's next annual shareholders meeting. Mawani is also a member of the boards of Granite REIT and Slate Office REIT.
* Ryman Hospitality Properties Inc. appointed Fazal Merchant, COO and CFO of endpoint security company Tanium, to replace William Hagerty IV as a director.
* Big Rock Partners Acquisition Corp. named Richard Birdoff, Michael Fong, Stuart Koenig, Albert Rex and Troy Taylor to the company's board, effective upon trading of the company's units on the Nasdaq Capital Market.
Anna Scozzafava, VP strategy and planning, Choice International Hotels
* Red Lion Hotels Corp. added Yvonne Choi as chief brand officer. Choi will join the company in January 2018 from Cachet Hospitality Group. The company also promoted seven existing executives.
Harry Sladich was promoted to executive vice president, franchise ops and sales. John Edwards will serve as senior vice president and chief information officer; Aaron Howard will serve as senior vice president, financial planning and analysis; Leslee Torres will serve as senior vice president, digital, loyalty and partnerships; Calvin Anderson will serve as senior vice president and chief of revenue optimization; and Paul Sacco will serve as senior vice president and chief development officer. Amanda Marcello was promoted to vice president, brand management of the Signature brand.
* Macerich Co.'s Thomas Leanse will retire as chief legal officer of the company Feb. 28, 2018.
* Choice Hotels International Inc. promoted Anna Scozzafava to vice president of strategy and planning from senior director of corporate strategy and planning.