This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Broad Street Realty LLC completed the first phase of its merger agreements with MedAmerica Properties Inc., which has become Broad Street Realty Inc., with Michael Jacoby named chairman and CEO of the combined company.
* Casino REIT Gaming & Leisure Properties Inc. appointed Carol Lynton to its board as an independent director, expanding the board to seven members.
* VICI Properties Inc. said Eric Hausler is planning to step down as director from the company's board by the end of February to accept the CEO role at an undisclosed privately held company.
* Doyle Simons, former CEO and president of timberland-focused REIT Weyerhaeuser Co., joined Iron Mountain Inc.'s board, effective Jan. 1, expanding the board to 14 directors.
* Rajath Shourie resigned from STORE Capital Corp.'s board due to personal reasons.
* Wheeler REIT Inc. activist shareholder Stilwell Group said the REIT's shareholders elected Stilwell Group's nominees, Joseph Stilwell, Paula Poskon and Kerry Campbell, to its board.
* Kenneth McIntyre joined the board of commercial real estate services provider Newmark Group Inc., effective Jan. 1.
* Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust Chairman René Tremblay joined Canadian Apartment Properties Real Estate Investment Trust's board, effective Jan. 1.
* Seven Leaf Ventures Corp. CEO Arthur Kwan is expected to join Stem Holdings Inc.'s board, following the completion of a merger between the companies by way of a three-cornered amalgamation.
* Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp. named Michael Prashad as its general counsel, succeeding Allison Nagelberg, who retired, effective Dec. 31, 2019.