Trump administration proposes to overhaul National Environmental Policy Act
Aiming to speed up infrastructure siting and other federal decisions, the Trump administration proposed a rule to change how much federal agencies have to study environmental impacts of major federal decisions that fall under the National Environmental Policy Act.
Nuclear exit haunts Germany as country enters crucial period for climate action
Germany is set to take its last nuclear reactor offline in 2022, completing one of its most consequential energy policies of the past decade that, despite broad public and political support, has stark implications for achieving emissions reductions.
LNG exports creating 'real opportunity' for Gulf Coast gas storage, executive says
The amount of LNG being delivered to the Gulf Coast for export could allow natural gas storage companies in the region to develop their own market storage model, according to the president for storage and fuels at Southern Co. Gas.
PJM capacity market auction could be delayed another year, uncertainty persists
The PJM Interconnection's next base capacity auction will likely have to be delayed for another year as market participants unpack the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's long-awaited order revising the grid operator's capacity market rules.
Other energy headlines
* BlackRock Inc., the world's largest asset manager, joined the ClimateAction 100+ investor initiative, whose aim is to push global corporate greenhouse gas emitters to take action on climate change.
* A measure on Colorado's 2020 ballot would increase setbacks of oil and gas drilling operations from homes, schools and businesses.
* OPEC pared its crude oil production by 100,000 barrels per day in December 2019, putting the bloc under its new and more stringent quotas a month early, according to the latest S&P Global Platts survey.
Forty-eight power and gas holding companies have more than $370 billion in capital spending planned for 2019 through 2021, about 20% of which is dedicated to regulated gas business activities, including pipelines, storage, distribution and other gas infrastructure.
Research and data
* RRA Regulatory Focus: Chesapeake touts benefits for ratepayers of Elkton Gas acquisition
* Financial Focus: RPS targets to drive 28,000 MW of new renewable capacity in PJM by 2030
Top pick of the day
Trump seen turning sights on EU in 2020 as next big trade fight looms
S&P Global Platts and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.
This extra edition of the Daily Dose has an editorial deadline of 1:30 p.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.