S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* British Land Co. Plc CFO Lucinda Bell is scheduled to resign April 4, 2018. Bell was appointed to the role in May 2011.
* Picton Property Income Ltd. brought in Mark Batten as nonexecutive director Oct. 1. He will also take over as chairman of the audit and risk committee, following Robert Sinclair's retirement scheduled to take place in 2018.
* Andrew Darke will step down from his role as Assura Plc's property director at the end of March 2018, in order to pursue personal business interests. Darke joined the board in October 2016 and will stay on as a consultant for the company following his departure.
* InterContinental Hotels Group Plc handed the duties of chief marketing officer to Claire Bennett, who most recently led American Express' global consumer travel and lifestyle business.
* David Lawler assumed Tim Kite's mantle as company secretary at Derwent London Plc on Oct. 2, a position Lawler most recently held at Berendsen plc for 12 years. Kite retired from Derwent after 28 years of service.
* Nonexecutive Director Andrew Varley retired and vacated his seat on LondonMetric Property Plc's board and committees Sept. 30.
* Capital & Counties Properties Plc installed Charlotte Boyle as a nonexecutive director and a member of the remuneration and nomination committees Oct. 1. She is Coca-Cola HBC AG's nonexecutive director, as well as a board member and chair of the finance committee of Alfanar.
* Nicholas Cadbury stepped into Kevin O'Byrne's shoes with his appointment as chairman of the Landsec board's audit committee. O'Byrne, whose intention to step down was announced in May 2016, resigned as director Sept. 27.
* Céline Leonardi will head Foncière des Régions' new co-working arm and oversee operations as well as leasing at the 10 to 20 sites that the company aims to occupy across Ile-de-France and in major regional cities by 2020.
Additionally, the company hired Fabien Guisseau to take up Leonardi's former place as the head of the letting division, effective Oct. 30.
* Eva-Maria Erauw will join Rezidor Hotel Group AB as senior vice president and general counsel Nov. 20, following her most recent stint as vice president of legal for the Europe, Africa and Middle East division at Marriott International Inc. subsidiary Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide LLC.
She will head the legal department and look after insurance among other compliance matters from the group's Brussels headquarters.
* Charles-Antoine van Aelst was designated as Aedifica SA's chief investment officer, while Sven Bogaerts was promoted to the role of chief M&A officer.
The company also proposed to install Marleen Willekens and Luc Plasman to its board as nonexecutive directors, who will be voted in by shareholders for a period lasting until the company's 2020 annual general meeting.
* The position of deputy chairman at Warimpex Finanz- und Beteiligungs AG will be up for grabs following Georg Folian's retirement on his 70th birthday, Jan. 1, 2018. The company's supervisory board will select a new CFO to take over the role.
* CA Immobilien Anlagen AG subsidiary omniCon Gesellschaft für innovatives Bauen mbH added Markus Rink to its management board. He will also replace Uwe Frerichs as head of engineering for CA Immobilien at the end of 2017, with Frerichs retaining an advisory role at the company. Rink is the managing director of MRI-Real Estate Consulting since 2014.
* DIC Asset AG CFO Sonja Wärntges became CEO Oct. 1, following the resignation of Aydin Karaduman. She will continue to oversee finance and controlling.
The company also hired Dirk Hasselbring to the management board. He was last positioned as managing director of DIC's operative investment fund management arm, DIC Fund Balance GmbH, and will now lead the newly formed funds business function.
Johannes von Mutius will serve as management board member for an extended term until Dec. 31, 2020.