S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* First Commonwealth Bank appointed Jeff Rosen to a newly created role as executive vice president of the company's consumer and small-business lending, according to a Dec. 20 press release.
Rosen previously served as senior vice president and government-guaranteed lending manager at another company that provides consumer and commercial banking services.
The Indiana, Pa.-based bank is a unit of First Commonwealth Financial Corp.
* Joshua Bresler began serving as an independent director of San Juan, Puerto Rico-based First BanCorp. and its unit FirstBank Puerto Rico, after the company received regulatory approval Dec. 16, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 20.
Bresler, who will become a member of the corporate governance and nominating committee of the board, replaced Thomas Hagerty, who resigned from the board, effective Dec. 19.
* Paula Canaday Bowman will retire from the board of Four Oaks Fincorp Inc. for personal reasons, effective Dec. 31, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 21.
The Four Oaks, N.C.-based company is the parent of Four Oaks Bank & Trust Co.
* John Eggemeyer resigned from the boards of San Jose, Calif.-based Heritage Commerce Corp and its unit Heritage Bank of Commerce, effective Dec. 15, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 21.
Eggemeyer is a managing principal of Castle Creek Capital IV LLC.
* Grapevine, Texas-based Bank of the West, a unit of Greater Southwest Bancshares Inc., appointed Gary Lewis area president for the Denton, Flower Mound, Highland Village and Ponder markets, Bankers Digest reported Dec. 19.
Prior to joining the company, Lewis was market president of the Higland Village branch of McKinney, Texas-based Independent Bank, a unit of Independent Bank Group Inc., the report said.
* Wells Fargo & Co. appointed Nick Salomone regional vice president and head of its middle market banking group in Fort Worth, Texas, and other surrounding areas in Western Texas, Bankers Digest reported Dec. 19.
Salomone, who has been with the bank since 2010, formerly served as head of business development in the area, according to the publication.
* Matt Caldwell was named regional president of Sallisaw, Okla.-based National Bank of Sallisaw, a division of Fort Smith, Ark.-based First National Bank of Fort Smith, Bankers Digest reported Dec. 19.
Caldwell, a former executive vice president, CFO and COO of National Bank of Sallisaw, will replace Michael Neer, who retired recently, the publication said.
First National Bank of Fort Smith is a unit of First Bank Corp.