The 10 most read real estate articles for the week ending Jan. 27.
North America Real Estate
1. NAR: 2016 existing-home sales in the US highest in a decade
The year finished on a high note, despite a drop in sales in the U.S. during December 2016.
2. HCP appoints CFO
The new CFO succeeds Tom Herzog, who was promoted to CEO of the company in January.
3. Blackstone's Invitation Homes sets IPO price range
The maximum aggregate offering price is expected to be approximately $1.86 billion, including an overallotment option.
4. REIT Replay: Fuzzy future
The broader markets slipped Monday, Jan. 23, amid uncertainty surrounding newly sworn-in President Donald Trump's trade and tax policies. REITs, meanwhile, held steady.
5. Report: FelCor Lodging in early talks for outright sale
The discussions are not guaranteed to result in a sale or another transaction, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
1. Cerberus Capital Management raises $1.8B for global property fund
The fund is focused on distressed or undervalued property transactions globally, with an emphasis on the U.S. and Western Europe.
2. REITs prep for new UK medical center activity
The country's primary healthcare yields fare well against other commercial real estate sectors and asset classes, said one analyst.
3. New healthcare REIT aims to list March 7 with £160M London IPO
Impact Healthcare REIT plc is issuing 160 million ordinary shares at 100 pence apiece.
4. AccorHotels' acquired brand to manage Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Next Century Associates signed an agreement to manage the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, following an approximately $2.5 billion restoration.
5. Gazit-Globe appoints CEO
Dori Segal previously was CEO of the company from 1998 to 2008.