trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/ERHmygXOwOAY4Igum2GDiQ2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Cancana's manganese JV granted extraction permit to mine Brazilian property

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage

Video

COVID-19 Impact & Recovery: Metals and Mining Outlook for H2 2021

Blog

Q&A: Data That Delivers - Automating the Credit Risk Workflow

Blog

Mining M&A in 2020 — Deal activity bounces back in H2 after disrupted H1


Cancana's manganese JV granted extraction permit to mine Brazilian property

Brazil Manganese Corp. was granted an extraction permit to mine 30,000 tonnes of manganese oxide material from its Guia license area, which includes the Ademir Calefornia prospect at the Rio Madeira property, Cancana Resources Corp. and joint venture partner Ferrometals BV said Sept. 27.

The companies, which submitted a special application, noted that the permit is "significantly more" than the standard extraction permit allocation of 6,000 tonnes.

Brazil Manganese produced 19,221 tonnes of manganese oxide product as of Sept. 16, already more than the production total for 2015.

As of Sept. 27, Ferrometals contributed US$30.1 million, while Cancana invested US$7.5 million in the Brazil Manganese joint venture, giving Ferrometals about 80.03% and Cancana the remaining 19.97% of the company.

Cancana said in August that it was achieving record production of high-quality manganese after commissioning a new dry screen at Rio Madeira.