S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overviewof board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed byannouncement date in reverse chronological order.
* AlphaBank AE announced that Ioannis Lyras, Pavlos Apostolides andEvangelos Kaloussis resigned as nonexecutive independent members, effective nolater than Nov. 30, Dec. 31 and Feb. 28, 2017, respectively. All three memberswill specify the exact date of their departure through new statements.
At the same time, the board resolved that Richard Gildeafill the first vacated board member position.
* MAPFRESA appointed Antonio Núñez as first vice chairman andCatalina Miñarro as external second vice chair of its board of directors.Miñarro was simultaneously appointed independent coordinating director,replacing Rafael Beca Borrego, who will step down due to personal reasons.Núñez will replace Esteban Tejera Montalvo, who will retire as group executiveDec. 31. CFO Fernando Mata will replace Tejera on the board of directors. Allappointments will take effect Jan. 1, 2017. The company now has a total of 15directors.
* PAOPromsvyazbank appointed Lindsay Forbes to the board, representing theinterests of the European Bank forReconstruction & Development. Forbes replaces Guy Harington onthe Russian bank's board.
* Mediobanca SpA announced that nominated Marina Natale to the board of directors ofMediobanca.
* BancoSantander SA's board agreed to name Homaira Akbari an independent member of the board,having secured regulatory approval. Akbari was nominated to replace Angel Jado,who resigned. Akbari's appointment will be put forward at the bank's nextgeneral shareholders meeting.
* Legal &General Group Plc named Toby Strauss an independent nonexecutive director,effective Jan. 1, 2017.