S&P Global MarketIntelligence presents a weekly overview of ratings actions on Europeanfinancial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed byannouncement date in reverse chronological order.
* DBRS confirmedLloyds Banking GroupPlc's ratings, including the bank's A issuer and long-term debtratings. The agency also confirmed Lloyds Bank Plc's A (high) senior debt and depositrating and R-1 (middle) short-term debt rating. The trend on all ratings isstable.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmedthe A- long-term counterparty credit and insurer financial strength ratings ofthe core operating companies of DeltaLloyd NV — DeltaLloyd Levensverzekering NV and Delta Lloyd Schadeverzekering NV. The agency alsoaffirmed the BBB counterparty credit rating and all related debt ratings ofDelta Lloyd and Delta Lloyd Treasury BV. The outlook is negative.
* DBRS confirmedSpain's A (low) long-term and R-1 (low) short-term foreign- and local-currencyissuer ratings. The trend on all ratings remains stable.
* Fitch Ratings affirmedthe AAA long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings of Norway,with a stable outlook. Norway's AAA country ceiling and F1+ short-term foreign-and local-currency issuer default ratings were also affirmed.
* Fitch affirmedSwitzerland's AAA long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings,with a stable outlook. The AAA country ceiling was also affirmed as well as theF1+ short-term foreign-and local-currency issuer default ratings.
* S&P affirmedBelarus' B-/B long- and short-term sovereign credit ratings. The outlook isstable.
* S&P affirmedRomania's BBB-/A-3 long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency sovereigncredit ratings, with a stable outlook.
* Fitch affirmedthe BBB+ insurer financial strength rating and long-term issuer default ratingof Intesa Sanpaolo VitaSpA, with stable outlooks.
* Fitch affirmedClearstream BankingSA's AA long-term issuer default rating and Euroclear BankSA/NV's AA+ long-term issuer default rating, withstable outlooks.
* S&P placed NNGroup NV's A- long-term counterparty credit ratings on CreditWatchwith negative implications. At the same time, the agency affirmed the group'sA-2 short-term rating. S&P also placed the A+ long-term counterparty creditand insurer financial strength ratings of NN Re (Netherlands) NV and the A/A-1 long- andshort-term counterparty credit ratings of Nationale-Nederlanden Bank NV on CreditWatch negative.
* S&P affirmed Deutsche Bank AG's ratings with a negative outlook,saying the bank has adequate financial flexibility to absorb an expected RMBSsettlement with the U.S. Department of Justice. The agency also affirmed thebank's BBB+/A-2 counterparty credit ratings, with a negative outlook, theratings on the lender's debt issues and the counterparty credit ratings oncertain related entities.
Separately, DBRS confirmed Deutsche Bank's senior unsecured debt anddeposits rating of A (low), its short-term debt and deposits rating of R-1(low) and its A (high)/R-1 (middle) critical obligations ratings. At the sametime, the trend on all ratings was revised to negative, with the exception ofthe short-term debt and deposit ratings, for which the trend remains stable.
* Moody's withdrew all ratings of for its own businessreasons. The agency withdrew the bank's "baa3" stand-alone andadjusted baseline credit assessments, Baa1/Prime-2 long- and short-term bankdeposit ratings and A3(cr)/Prime-2(cr) long- and short-term counterparty riskassessments. At the time of the withdrawal, the long-term bank deposit ratingcarried a stable outlook.
* Fitch affirmedthe A insurer financial strength ratings of Amlin AG and Amlin Insurance SE, with a negative outlook. The ratingagency also affirmed Amlin AG parent MS Amlin Plc's A- issuer default rating, with a stableoutlook.
* Moody's affirmed Banca Carige SpA's long- and short-term deposit ratingsat B3/Not Prime and changed the outlook on the long-term rating to developingfrom positive. The agency also affirmed Banca Carige's Caa1 long-term issuerrating, "caa3" stand-alone and adjusted baseline credit assessmentsand B3(cr)/Not Prime(cr) long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments.Moody's maintained a developing outlook on the long-term issuer rating.
* Moody's affirmed Skipton Building Society's long- and short-term foreign-and local-currency bank deposits ratings at Baa2/P-2 and changed the outlook onthe long-term ratings to positive from stable. The rating agency also affirmedthe building society's baseline credit assessment and adjusted baseline creditassessment at "baa2" and long- and short-term counterparty riskassessments at A2(cr)/P-1(cr).
* Fitch assigned Beazley Plc an issuer default rating of A. At the sametime, the agency assigned Beazley unit Beazley Re Designated Activity Co. an insurerfinancial strength rating of A+ and an issuer default rating of A. All ratingscarry stable outlooks.
* S&P maintainedthe BBB+/A-2 counterparty credit ratings of London Stock Exchange Group Plc on CreditWatch withpositive implications. S&P also maintained the A+ long-term counterpartycredit rating of LCH.Clearnet Group Ltd. on CreditWatch with negativeimplications and affirmed its A-1 short-term counterparty credit rating.
At the same time, S&P maintained the AA long-term counterparty credit rating of on CreditWatch withnegative implications. Deutsche Börse's A-1+ short-term counterparty creditrating was affirmed. The AA/A-1+ counterparty credit ratings of ClearstreamBanking was also affirmed, with a stable outlook.
* Moody's assigned Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt first-time backedlong- and short-term domestic- and foreign-currency bank deposit and issuerratings of Aaa/Prime-1. The outlook on the long-term ratings is stable.
S&P Global Ratings andGlobal Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.