S&P Global Market Intelligence provides a wrap-up of European media and communications deal announcements, completions and updates from Jan. 13 to Jan. 17.
* Alphabet Inc. unit Google LLC agreed to acquire Irish retail tech company Pointy. While financial terms were not disclosed, Dublin's The Irish Times reported the deal price to be $160 million.
* The U.K. Competition and Markets Authority approved Hasbro Inc.'s $3.8 billion acquisition of Canadian media and entertainment company Entertainment One Ltd., which closed on Dec. 30, 2019.
* Dentsu Group Inc. subsidiary Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd. acquired Santa Clara, Calif.-based analytics company E-Nor Inc., according to a statement.
* German media company M. DuMont Schauberg GmbH & Co. KG said Jan. 15 that it sold newspaper Mitteldeutsche Zeitung to German publisher Heinrich Bauer Verlag KG. Bauer already owns newspaper Volksstimme.
* Dutch private equity firm Gryphion Ltd. and other private investors acquired a minority stake in London-based visual effects company Cinesite VFX Ltd., according to Stonehage Fleming Advisory, which advised Cinesite shareholders on the transaction. Gryphion is the private investment vehicle of Waterland Private Equity Investments BV founder Rob Thielen.
* Children's media company Azoomee acquired Berlin-based Da Vinci Media GmbH, Broadband TV News reported Jan. 13. The combined entity will operate the Azoomee and Da Vinci Kids brands that are accessible through connected TVs, linear channels and mobile apps.
* Rostelecom PJSC unit Bashinformsvyaz acquired an 18.36% stake in the Russian Fund for Development of Internet Initiatives, an internet startup fund, Telecompaper reported Jan. 16, citing sources mentioned by Vedomosti. The acquired stake could reportedly cost about 1 billion Russian rubles.
* Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS units Turktell Bilisim Servisleri AS, Global Bilgi Pazarlama Danisma Ve Cagri Servisi Hizmetleri AS and Turkcell Satis ve Dijital Is Servisleri signed an agreement to transfer their 55% stake in sports betting company Inteltek to Intralot Iberia Holdings SA, Inteltek's other shareholder, Telecompaper reported Jan. 15. The deal is expected to close in the first half of the year.
* Retelit SpA unit Retelit Digital Services SpA will fully acquire Italian IT consulting company Partners Associates SpA, according to a Jan. 14 statement.
* Russian operator Rostelecom said Jan. 13 that it completed its full acquisition of data center provider DataLine. Rostelecom's board approved subsidiary Rostelecom Datacenters' full acquisition of DataLine in November 2019.
* Network operator Alliander NV acquired Enschede, Netherlands-based TReNT Glasvezel, which manages more than 2,000 kilometers of fiber-optic infrastructure in eastern Netherlands, Emerce reported Jan. 13. The deal will allow Alliander to expand its telecom infrastructure network.
Links are current as of publication time; we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.