trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/dPgOgMPHwpI53A3g-SwHgg2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Cancana Resources signs LOI to merge with Ferrometals

Blog

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - January 2021

Industry Top Trends 2021: Metals and Mining

Greenhouse gas and gold mines Nearly 1 ton of CO2 emitted per ounce of gold produced in 2019

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - September 2020


Cancana Resources signs LOI to merge with Ferrometals

CancanaResources Corp. said July 21 that it has signed a nonbinding letterof intent to merge with Ferrometals Holdings Cooperatief UA.

Under the terms, Ferrometals will acquire all the shares ofCancana in exchange for its own shares and assume the latter's listing on theTSX Venture Exchange.

The companies are joint ventures partners in , and theproposed transaction seeks to combine and streamline the ownership structure ofBMC.

According to the statement, the transaction is subject toboard and shareholder approval, a formal agreement, customary due diligence andapproval of the TSX Venture Exchange, Canadian Securities Exchange and all otherconcerned regulatory bodies.

Cancana expects to finalize the deal in October.

Ferrometals has so far contributed approximately US$27.6million to the joint venture, while Cancana has contributed US$7.5 million.Based on these figures, Ferrometals owns approximately 78.6% and Cancana ownsthe remaining 21.4% of BMC.