* Both chambers of Congress have approved the bill that would fund the federal government through Jan. 19, 2018. The bill would avert government shutdown.
* The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's final amendments to its prepaid rule will be issued after the new year. The regulator will likely postpone once again the implementation of said rule.
* Goldman Sachs is creating a cryptocurrency trading desk, which could be launched in the end of June 2018 or earlier, sources told Bloomberg News.
* In October, Bank of New York Mellon froze $22.6 billion in assets held by Kazakhstan's National Fund after an investor won an international arbitration against the Kazakh government, Reuters reports.
* Amid expectations that the tax reform bill will be signed into law, Associated Bank is planning to raise its minimum wage to $15 per hour and Western Alliance Bancorp. is looking to increase employee compensations and benefits in 2018.
* Conning is acquiring a 45% stake in investment manager Global Evolution.
* Stearns Lending and First Team Real Estate family of companies merged to form Bankers Lending Center, which is scheduled to officially launch in spring 2018.
* Coinbase is investigating its employees over allegations of insider trading of Bitcoin Cash.
* Fitch Ratings said that the tax reform in the U.S. would have a negative impact on the Bermuda re/insurance market.
* More than 8.8 million people have enrolled in the 2018 Affordable Care Act health insurance plans, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Open enrollment on the federal exchange began Nov. 1 and ended Dec. 15.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.