trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/D7A9IvNJMbyRUaY_ZPyfnA2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

Vår Energi completes $4.5B acquisition of Exxon's upstream assets in Norway

Essential Energy Insights - May 14, 2020

Credit Risk: Identifying Early Warning Signals In The Oil And Gas Industry

Stress Testing Energy Companies in the Current Environment

Infographic Solar Power by the Numbers The US Canada and Mexico


Vår Energi completes $4.5B acquisition of Exxon's upstream assets in Norway

Vår Energi AS has completed the previously announced acquisition of Exxon Mobil Corp.'s nonoperated assets in Norway for $4.5 billion, according to a Dec. 10 release from majority owner Eni SpA.

The acquisition included fields operated by Equinor ASA that would add approximately 150,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day to Vår Energi's production. Vår Energi said the deal makes it the second-largest exploration and production company in the Norwegian continental shelf, after Equinor, with 1.90 billion boe in total reserves and resources.

The deal was part of Exxon's plan to divest $15 billion in noncore upstream assets by 2021.

Italy's Eni holds a 69.6% stake in Vår Energi while the remaining 30.4% interest is held by private equity investor HitecVision AS.