trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/CYIBttYML2ES-jAPnpo5uQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

P10 Holdings to acquire PE firm Five Points Capital

Street Talk - Ep. 64: Coronavirus jumpstarts digital adoption

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 63: Deal talks continue amid bank M&A freeze, setting up for strong Q4

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 62: 'Brutal' outlook for oil demand offers banks in oil patch no relief

Amid Q1 APAC Fintech Funding Slump, Payment Companies Drove Investments

P10 Holdings to acquire PE firm Five Points Capital

P10 Holdings Inc. acquired middle-market private equity firm Five Points Capital Inc. for an undisclosed amount of cash and convertible preferred equity.

After the deal closes, likely in the first half of 2020, Five Points will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of P10, which also owns RCP Advisors 2 LLC and RCP Advisors 3 LLC.

Five Points will receive cash and convertible preferred equity in a newly formed limited liability company owned by P10, called Holdco, which will own both RCP Advisors and Five Points.

The cash portion of the transaction will be funded by P10 cash on hand, alongside the issuance of additional convertible preferred equity to Keystone Capital Inc., a Chicago-based private investor. A representative of Keystone will also join the board of directors of Holdco.

Five Points will continue to be managed by its existing team.

As part of the deal, all the partners of RCP will convert about $10 million of their tax receivable agreement into $10 million of convertible preferred equity in Holdco.

At the closing of the deal, $60 million of convertible preferred equity will be issued and outstanding, which will be convertible into approximately 18% of Holdco, with the remaining 82% of Holdco being held by P10. The deal completion is conditional upon the approval of the Small Business Administration and consent from the limited partners in Five Points funds.

Raymond James was the exclusive financial adviser to Five Points for the deal.