trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/CS9NzLSWm_-gVjLjUNsMJw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

F2i, EI Towers acquire Italian broadcaster Persidera

Blog

Insight Weekly: Ukraine war impact on mining; US bank growth slowdown; cloud computing headwinds

Blog

2022 broadband forecast shifts to market share battle with intense competition

Blog

New RSN streaming plans continue to emerge

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall


F2i, EI Towers acquire Italian broadcaster Persidera

F2i and EI Towers SpA will acquire Italian broadcaster Persidera SpA.

The agreement is based on an enterprise value of €240 million.

Persidera will be broken into two separate entities before the closing of the transaction. One of the new entities, which will hold Persidera's five digital terrestrial frequencies, will be acquired by Italian infrastructure fund F2i. The other, operating all the network infrastructure of Persidera, will be acquired by communications provider EI Towers.

The transaction remains subject to regulatory approvals and is anticipated to close during the last quarter of 2019.

Telecom Italia SpA's board authorized a deal to sell the company's stake in Persidera in February 2018.

Telecom Italia owns a 70% stake in Persidera, while publishing group GEDI Gruppo Editoriale SpA owns the remaining 30%.