Most read articlesinclude Houlihan Lokey and Moelis topping the insurance underwriter adviserleague table for the second quarter and the merger between Anthem and Cignacausing market concentration issues for several states considering the deal.
1. WithMetLife adviser reinforcements, MassMutual prepares for DOL rule
John Vaccaro, senior vice president and head of MassMutualFinancial Network, discussed how the Department of Labor's fiduciary rule forretirement advice affects the transaction and whether more M&A in theadvice space is on the horizon for MassMutual.
2. PaulTaubman debuts at top of investment banking pay rankings
Paul Taubman debuted on the list of the highest-paidinvestment banking CEOs at the very top for 2015, thanks to a sizable stockacquisition in the year that Blackstone Group LP spun off his company.
3. Marketconcentration concerns loom for Anthem-Cigna merger
AnthemInc.'s planned merger with Cigna Corp. could raise market concentration issues forseveral states still considering the deal — a sign of the difficult stretchstill ahead for the companies' combination.
4. For pasthalf decade, UK has been M&A hot spot for US insurers
For the past five-and-a-half years, the U.K. has been apopular spot for acquisitions by U.S. insurance underwriters in terms of volume.
5. HoulihanLokey, Moelis tie for top spot in H1'16 insurance underwriter adviserranking
One second-quarter M&A deal announcementallowed Houlihan LokeyInc. and Moelis & Co. LLC to top SNL's insurance underwriterfinancial adviser league table ranking by deal credit for the first half of2016.