S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Robert Meyer recently joined the board of Salt Lake City-based Medallion Bank, a unit of Medallion Financial Corp., according to a Dec. 19 press release.
Meyer is a former executive vice president and chief commercial lending officer of Wayne, N.J.-based Valley National Bancorp.
* Minneapolis-based U.S. Bank NA, a unit of U.S. Bancorp, named Sayantan Chakraborty senior vice president and product management head of the company's global treasury management business.
Chakraborty previously was a managing director of treasury and trade solutions at Citibank NA, according to a Dec. 19 press release.
* Troy Cloutier, president and CEO of Lafayette, La.-based MidSouth Bank NA, will join the board of the bank's parent company, MidSouth Bancorp Inc., effective Jan. 1, 2017.
He will replace Will Charbonnet Sr., whose term expires in 2019, but who has announced his retirement, effective Dec. 31. Cloutier will become a member of the board's executive committee and an ex-officio member of the risk committee, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 19.
* Citigroup Inc.'s Citi Private Bank named Kristen Bitterly Michell head of the investment counseling team for the east region, according to a Dec. 19 press release.
Bitterly Michell previously served as capital markets head of structured solutions for the company.
* Christina Keller was appointed to the boards of Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Independent Bank Corp. and its unit Independent Bank, effective Dec. 16.
Prior to joining the company, Keller was president of the Cascade business team of Cascade Engineering until August 2016, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 19.
* Wells Fargo & Co. named James Schmeltekopf head of the Southern division of the company's middle-market banking business, effective immediately.
Schmeltekopf, a former sales manager for the South region, will replace Monica Cole, who was named head of middle-market banking for the North region in October, according to a Dec. 19 press release.
* John Poelker will resign as director of Richmond, Va.-based Xenith Bankshares Inc., effective Dec. 31, according to a Form 8-K filed Dec. 19.
Poelker has been a member of the board since 2013.
* Mountain View, Ark.-based Stone Bank named Dusty Middleton senior vice president, senior lending officer, and market manager for Harrison, Ark., Arkansas Business reported Dec. 19.
Middleton previously was senior vice president and loan manager for Harrison, Ark.-based Community First Bank, which was acquired by Equity Bancshares Inc., the news publication reported.
Stone Bank is a unit of Stone Bancshares Inc.
* V. Daniel Robinson II, Matthew Salanger and Andrew Kowalczyk III on Dec. 16 were appointed to the board of Norwich, N.Y.-based NBT Bancorp Inc.
Robinson, Salanger and Kowalczyk were former directors of the company's unit, NBT Bank NA, according to the Dec. 20 press release.