This feature rounds uprecent property news from covered companies and highlights larger deal coveragealready published.
* completed 16build-to-suit development projects in the U.S. and Europe during the first halftotaling more than 6.8 million square feet of space. In the same period, thecompany also received 14 build-to-suit development starts in the same regionsrepresenting more than 5.4 million square feet of space.
* closed four separate property deals worth a combined $60.4 million for foursingle tenant industrial properties. It acquired a123,100-square-foot warehouse and headquarters facility leased to an automobileparts distributor in Miami and a newly built 166,200-square-foot distributionfacility leased to a luxury apparel retailer in the Atlanta MSA.
It also acquired two facilities — a 546,450-square-footwarehouse and distribution facility leased to a distributor of natural, organicand specialty food products, and a 146,500-square-foot headquarters and lightmanufacturing facility leased to a commercial-grade coffee brewing equipmentand related accessories company — in the Chicago MSA.
* GramercyProperty Trust said its European real estate investment fund bought five cardealerships across the Netherlands for €27.4 million. Gramercy Property Europeplc acquired the 244,200-square-foot portfolio through a sale and lease backdeal.
* renewed Toyota Financial Services' lease of the entire three-story San TanCorporate Center I office building in Chandler, Ariz. The leasewill run through 2024. The office building is part of the complex.
* acquired the remaining 85% stake it did not own in the 3233 Mission Oaks Blvd.warehouse property in Camarillo, Calif., for $21.8 million, and it bought the525 Park Ave. industrial facility in San Fernando, Calif., for $7.6 million.Rexford used cash on hand and proceeds from sales to fund the acquisitions.
In addition, the company sold 12910 Mulberry Drive, a153,080-square-foot 1960s vintage building in Whittier, Calif., for $15.0million and 1840 Dana Street, a 13,497-square-foot creative industrial buildingin Glendale, Calif., for about $4.3 million. Rexford used the proceeds from thesales for a tax-deferred exchange contributed towards the Mission Oaksacquisition.
* solda 166,000-square-foot industrial property in Philadelphia for $14.8 million. Thecompany expects to recognize a gain on sale of around $5.6 million in thesecond quarter from the asset sale. One Liberty also obtained mortgage debt onthree properties worth an aggregate of approximately $16.6 million.
* closed the $24.6 million purchase of the 128-room Home2 Suites by Hilton inAtlanta.
* agreed tobuy approximately 2,400 acres of land in Florida for around $9.4 million. Itintends to convert the property into a row crop farm that will provide foragefor dairy operations at a total cost of approximately $6.5 million. FarmlandPartners expects to close the purchase during the third quarter.
* converted part of the outstanding principal balance of its real estate loaninvestment into an estimated 96% equity ownership interest in the joint venturethat owns City Vista, a 272-unit apartment community in Pittsburgh. PreferredApartment Communities will manage the business and operations of the property.
PhysiciansRealty completes 2nd tranche of Catholic Health Initiatives portfoliopurchase: The company expects to acquire four additional medicaloffice facilities under the deal early in the third quarter.
American HotelIncome Properties announces 3 potential hotel deals: The companyhas entered various agreements to acquire hotel properties across the U.S., andit is conducting a limited partnership unit offering to finance the deals.
KillamApartment redeems C$57.5M convertible debentures, buys 3properties: The REIT completed a redemption of its 5.65%convertible subordinated debentures and wrapped up three property acquisitionsfor C$56.3 million.
Digital Realtywraps up $874M European data center buy from Equinix: Equinix alsoagreed to purchase Digital Realty's operating business in St. Denis, Paris.
Ventas toacquire $1.5B life-science, MOB portfolio from Blackstone fund: Thecompany launched a 9.0 million share common stock offering to help pay for theall-cash transaction.
BostonProperties wraps up Colorado Center stake buy: The company owns49.8% of the asset in a joint venture with TIAA.
Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III completes $178.6M deals inQ2: In addition and subsequent to close of the quarter, the companyadded that it acquired a five-strong portfolio of skilled nursing facilities inMassachusetts for roughly $65.5 million.
STAGIndustrial completes Q2 acquisitions, divestments: The companybought $58.2 million of properties and disposed of assets for $17.8 million.
Hudson Pacificcloses purchase of West LA headquarters building: The500,475-square-foot property is 83% leased.
JLL IncomeProperty Trust buys Pioneer Tower in Portland, Ore.: The companypaid about $122 million for the class A office property.