This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Keith Johannessen, the president, COO and a board member of Capital Senior Living Corp. died Dec. 20 from cancer.
* Ruben Sigala, who had been Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s interim chief marketing officer since the end of May, assumed the post on a permanent basis, effective Dec. 21.
* Taubman Centers Inc. appointed Cia Buckley Marakovits to its board of directors, succeeding William Parfet, who resigned in September. The company also named Myron Ullman III to the newly created position of lead director. Both appointments became effective Dec. 15.
* Noble Carpenter joined Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc.'s board as a class III director, filling the vacancy resulting from Robert Douglass' death.
* Dennis Oklak, who resigned as Duke Realty Corp.'s CEO in 2015, will relinquish his role as the company's executive chairman, effective Jan. 6, 2017. Oklak will, however, remain a director and chairman of the company's board.
* Shobi Khan, the COO of General Growth Properties Inc., assumed the additional position of the company's president, effective Dec. 15.
* Mitchell Sabshon, who is the CEO and a director of Inland Real Estate Income Trust Inc., will assume the company's president role, effective Dec. 31.
* Taubman Centers will promote Paul Wright to executive vice president, global head of leasing for Taubman, from group vice president of leasing for Taubman Asia, effective spring 2017. The company said David Joseph will step down as executive vice president of leasing, effective Dec. 31. Joseph will, however, provide support as an independent consultant in 2017.