S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* On Dec. 20, Clydes Kiser notified Highlands Bankshares Inc. of his decision to retire as a director of the company, effective Dec. 31.
According to a regulatory filing, Kiser is the co-founder of Kiser Furniture.
* Gerald Clapp Jr. is resigning from the boards of Clarksville, Ind.-based First Savings Financial Group Inc. and its subsidiary First Savings Bank, effective March 1, 2017. He is the retired former president of CLAPP Auto Group, according to a regulatory filing.
Clapp stated in a Dec. 22 letter that he will be spending limited time in the Clarksville area and will not be able to devote the necessary time and attention to the company's and the bank's matters.
* On Dec. 20, William Chandler informed Village Bank and Trust Financial Corp. that he does not intend to stand for re-election at its 2017 annual meeting of shareholders. Chandler serves as president of Plastex Fabricators located in Charlotte, N.C., according to a regulatory filing.
Chandler's decision is personal and is not related to any disagreement on matters relating to the company's operations, policies or practices, according to a Form 8-K.
* Charles Musilli is resigning from the boards of Rockaway, N.J.-based Sussex Bancorp and its unit Sussex Bank, citing time constraints.
According to a regulatory filing, Musilli serves as senior vice president and distribution strategies officer at Selective Insurance Co. of America.
* Kingston, N.Y.-based Ulster Savings Bank appointed Michael Turturro to its board of trustees. Turturro is a partner with the accounting and consulting firm of RBT CPA's, LLP.
* On Dec. 22, Thomas O'Leary notified Blue Hills Bancorp Inc. and unit Blue Hills Bank of his intention to retire as executive vice president of commercial banking, effective March 6, 2017.