* Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are among financial institutions investing in blockchain startup Axoni, sources told Reuters.
* Deutsche Bank may reach an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice as early as tomorrow to settle a lawsuit alleging that it missold mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Credit Suisse could also reach a potential settlement with the DOJ over its sale of MBS this week, Reuters' sources say.
* Lloyds Banking Group Plc is buying British credit card issuer MBNA from FIA Jersey Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America, for a cash consideration of £1.9 billion.
* The Federal Reserve Board adopted a rule that will require large banks to publicly disclose their consolidated liquidity risk metrics every quarter based on the previous quarter's averages.
* Wells Fargo Asset Management is thinking to launch its first-ever exchange-traded fund in the next three to six months, Bloomberg News reports, citing company executives.
* Without admitting or denying any related charges, Ameris Bank said that it will comply with the consent order relating to weaknesses in its Bank Secrecy Act compliance program.
* The Commodity Futures Trading Commission ordered Convergent Wealth Advisors to pay an $800,000 civil monetary penalty for its fraudulent omissions and false statements in connection with an employee's commodity pool.
* Greensburg, Ind.-based MainSource Financial struck a $56.9 million deal to acquire Louisville, Ky.-based FCB Bancorp.
* Farmington, Mo.-based First State Bancshares is seeking to buy three locations of NBH Bank division Bank Midwest, the Moberly (Mo.) Monitor-Index reports.
* Confie acquired Oasis Insurance, a Mesa, Ariz.-based provider of nonstandard auto insurance.
* Rex Schuette, CFO of Blairsville, Ga.-based United Community Banks, will retire in 2017.
* Norwich, N.Y.-based NBT Bancorp named John Watt Jr. president and CEO of the company and unit NBT Bank, effective Dec. 19.
* Barton Hedges will step down as CEO of Greenlight Capital Re Ltd., effective March 31, 2017.
* Shippensburg, Pa.-based Orrstown Financial Services named Executive Vice President and CFO David Boyle chief accounting officer.
* James River Group Holdings appointed Sarah Doran CFO of the group's holding companies.
* BancorpSouth Insurance Services acquired certain assets of Gonzales, La.-based Waguespack & Associates Insurance.
* Los Angeles-based First City Credit Union named Jim Miller successor to retiring President and CEO Terry O'Steen.
* Marvel Ebenhahn, CEO of New Rockford, N.D.-based Community Credit Union, will retire in January 2017, the Credit Union Journal reports.
* Muskego, Wis.-based Corporate Central Credit Union named Gregg Tushaus chief information officer.
* Canada's Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions will undertake a consultation with federally regulated financial institutions as part of its review of the expectations it has of the companies' boards of directors.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.