S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Amazon.com Inc. veteran Peter DeSantis now has a place within CEO Jeff Bezos' elite team of top executives, CNBC reported, citing people familiar with the matter. DeSantis, vice president of Amazon Web Services Inc.'s global infrastructure and customer support, was reportedly promoted earlier this year to Bezos' senior team, or S-team, which comprises the company's 18 most senior leaders.
* Noel Watson will resign as chief accounting officer of TripAdvisor Inc., effective June 16. Watson also resigned from his positions with TripAdvisor's subsidiaries and affiliates. The travel and restaurant website company appointed Watson accounting chief in 2016.
* Netflix Inc. named Monika Shergill head of series, international originals, for Netflix India, The Economic Times (India) reported May 28. Previously, Shergill was head of content for Viacom18 Digital Ventures' over-the-top service, Voot.
* Telephone and Data Systems Inc. and its subsidiary United States Cellular Corp. made some changes to their management structure.
Peter Sereda, currently senior vice president of finance at TDS, now will serve as TDS' executive vice president and CFO. Steven Campbell, currently executive vice president, CFO and treasurer at U.S. Cellular, will now become executive vice president and chief administrative officer at U.S. Cellular.
Douglas Chambers, currently senior vice president of finance at TDS and chief accounting officer at TDS and U.S. Cellular, will become senior vice president, CFO and treasurer of U.S. Cellular, succeeding Campbell as CFO. Anita Kroll will continue as vice president and controller at TDS and will succeed Chambers as chief accounting officer at TDS and U.S. Cellular. The changes will take effect June 24.
* Uniserve Communications Corp. appointed its board Chairman Michael Scholz as interim CEO, effective immediately. The appointment follows the termination of former Uniserve CEO Nicholas Jeffery in 2018, as part of a management revamp.
The Canadian operator also named Andy Prpic as its new CFO. Prpic has held senior financial roles in various technology and real estate corporations.
* Pareteum Corp. changed the titles of some of its executive officers to better reflect their roles and responsibilities with the company.
As part of the changes, Robert Turner will replace Vic Bozzo as CEO of the company. Turner will remain the company's executive chairman, while Bozzo will now become chief commercial officer. Denis McCarthy, who was appointed the company's president on Oct. 1, 2018, resigned from that role and was named COO. All changes are effective May 24.