This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Co-working firm WeWork secured a lease for three floors at Salesforce Tower in San Francisco, increasing its footprint by roughly 75,000 square feet, Bisnow reported. The tower is jointly owned by Boston Properties Inc. and Hines.
* Washington Capital Management Inc. sold the nine-building Centra Point office campus in Las Vegas to a joint venture between PCCP LLC and The Brookhollow Group for $78.3 million, Commercial Property Executive reported. The class A, 383,701-square-foot property sits on more than 25 acres at 8311-8395 W. Sunset Rd. and 6655 S. Cimarron Rd. and is 72% occupied.
* Audubon Communities off-loaded the 318-unit Bella, the 272-unit Center at Peachtree Corners and the 162-unit Summit at Dawson communities in northeast Atlanta in a portfolio deal valued at $76.5 million, Citybizlist Atlanta reported. The properties were 97% occupied on average at the time of sale.
* McSam Hotel Group's Sam Chang is set to buy a development site in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood from Extell Development for roughly $60 million, The Real Deal reported, citing unnamed sources. Chang plans to build a 45-story tower on the site at 140-146 West 24th St. The transaction is expected to close by Nov. 1, the sources told the publication.
* CNL Growth Properties Inc., through a joint venture, completed the roughly $53.8 million sale of Haywood Reserve, a 292-unit class A multifamily residential community in Greenville, S.C., to an MSP RE Holdings LLC affiliate for net cash proceeds of about $20.5 million.
* MG Properties Group bought the 321-unit Reunion at Redmond Ridge senior living community in Redmond, Wash., which it funded with a roughly $53.3 million, 10-year fixed-rate Fannie Mae loan arranged by KeyBank. The company plans modest interior renovations and common area upgrades on the property.
* Canyon Partners and Steadfast Cos. sold the 676,880-square-foot Everett Mall at 1402 SE Everett Mall Way in Everett, Wash., to Brixton Capital for roughly $36.4 million, The Registry (Seattle) reported. The transaction does not include the Macy's building. Brixton tapped JLL to manage and lease the property.
* Carmel Partners sold the 136-unit, class A apartment building at 6100 Lincolnia Rd. in Alexandria, Va., to McDowell Properties for an undisclosed sum, according to CBRE Group Inc., which brokered the sale.
* CBRE also brokered the sale of the 460,020-square-foot Capitol Center office building at 1201 Main St. in downtown Columbia, S.C., on behalf of a joint venture between Intercontinental Real Estate Corp. and M&J Wilkow, Commercial Property Executive reported. Hamilton Equity Partners, which acquired the class A property for an undisclosed price, plans to renovate the 25-story building and tapped CBRE as the exclusive leasing agent.
* Griffin Industrial Realty Inc. agreed to pay $2.6 million, before closing costs, to acquire a roughly 22-acre parcel of undeveloped land in Concord, N.C., in a deal set to close in fiscal 2018. The company plans to build an industrial/warehouse project on the land if the deal closes.
* Forest City Realty Trust Inc. and QIC reduced the maximum number of residential units to 300 from 434 in their development plan for a mixed-use complex around the South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach, Calif., following feedback from neighbors, Urbanize LA reported. The building heights along Kingsdale Avenue will also be reduced, and the project will now potentially include office space and a new park. Construction is expected to start in 2020 and finish in 2023.
* Lowe, formerly known as Lowe Enterprises, broke ground on a six-story, 286-unit multifamily building called The Talisman in Redmond, Wash. The building will rise on a 1.6-acre site at 7405 168th Ave. NE and will anchor the Redmond Town Center mixed-use development.
Report: New York REIT in advanced talks to sell 2 NYC buildings to Brickman
Simon kicks off construction on Colo. open-air center
New Senior Investment expects to close on $296M in asset sales in Q4
Penn-Florida lands $398M in financing for Fla. urban resort project
Essex Property off-loads Calif. apartment complex for $83M