S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a summary of ratings actions on Asia-Pacific financial institutions and economies.
* Moody's placed Yes Bank Ltd.'s B2 long-term foreign-currency issuer rating and its B2 long-term foreign- and local-currency bank deposit rating under review, with the direction uncertain. The rating agency downgraded the bank's baseline credit assessment and adjusted BCA to "caa2" from "b3."
* Moody's affirmed Thailand-based TMB Bank PCL's ratings, including its Baa1 long-term and P-2 short-term deposit ratings, following the completion of its acquisition of Thanachart Bank PCL in December 2019. The outlook is positive.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmed Yuanta Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.'s BBB+ long-term and A-2 short-term issuer credit ratings. The outlook is stable.
* S&P assigned Shinhan Bank Vietnam Ltd. BB long-term and B short-term issuer credit ratings, with a stable outlook.
* S&P lowered its outlook on Sri Lanka's sovereign credit rating to negative from stable, and affirmed the country's long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency credit ratings at B.
* S&P also lowered its outlooks on Sri Lanka-based DFCC Bank Plc and National Savings Bank to negative from stable. The rating agency affirmed the banks' long- and short-term issuer credit ratings at B.
* Fitch Ratings assigned China Construction Bank (New Zealand) Ltd. long-term foreign- and local-currency ratings of A, short-term foreign- and local-currency ratings of F1+ and a support rating of 1. The outlook on the long-term ratings is stable.
* Fitch affirmed Pakistan's long-term foreign-currency issuer default rating at B-, with a stable outlook.
* Fitch Ratings Indonesia affirmed the national ratings of seven domestic regional development banks, with stable outlooks. The banks are: PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Bali, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Banten Tbk, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jambi, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Lampung, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Maluku dan Maluku Utara, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Riau Kepri and PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sulawesi Utara Gorontalo.
Simultaneously, the rating agency withdrew the ratings of PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Lampung as the bank has chosen to stop participating in the rating process.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.