* NH Hotel Group SA received a letter of intent from lodging company Hyatt Hotels Corp., expressing the latter's interest in buying the Spanish hospitality group.
NH Hotel is reviewing a €6.40-per-share buyout offer from its Thai majority shareholder, Minor International PCL. The offer is set to be voted on at an annual general meeting scheduled Aug 9.
* Lone Star Funds is considering a trade sale or an IPO for its £500 million care home portfolio in the U.K., which consists of over 100 healthcare properties offering at least 6,000 beds. The private equity firm tapped Numis Securities as an adviser for the potential offering.
UK and Ireland
* Covivio unit Covivio Hotels paid £671 million to acquire nine hotel properties in the U.K. with 1,698 rooms from private equity group Starwood Capital Group. The hotels form part of the French real estate investment trust's £858 million, 14-property portfolio transaction with Starwood.
* Intu Properties PLC CEO David Fischel will step down from the board and exit the company once a successor has been appointed.
* Singapore's Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust intends to by 12 U.K. logistics properties for about £207.3 million in its first European purchase deal. The portfolio features a total gross internal area of 242,633 square meters and comprises freehold and 999-year leasehold sites.
* Warehouse REIT PLC has teamed up with a third party to buy a £460 million portfolio of industrial assets from Hansteen Holdings PLC.
* Singapore Press Holdings marked its maiden investment in the U.K. real estate market with the purchase of a student housing portfolio for £180 million, according to Property Week. Unite Group PLC is selling the Mayflower portfolio, which contains 13 buildings and roughly 3,500 beds in London, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheffield and other towns and cities.
* Legal & General is looking to divest a Royal Bank of Scotland-leased office and retail portfolio in the U.K. for £55.5 million through Cushman & Wakefield, PW reported.
* Flexible workspace provider BizSpace acquired 10 properties in the U.K. for £37 million as it moves forward with its expansion plans, PW reported. The latest deal takes the company's portfolio to a total of 105 centers offering 6 million square feet.
* An Bord Pleanála refused permission for Ballymount Properties' development plan to demolish 16 buildings for the construction of 200 houses, 64 apartments and retail units at Hospital Street in Kildare, Ireland, The Irish Times reported. The development proposal was rejected because of the high number of three- and four-bedroom homes.
Spain and Italy
* Swiss Life Asset Managers Real Estate France picked up a Spanish retail portfolio comprising 13 properties from private equity group Corpfin Capital Real Estate Partners, Property Investor Europe reported. The retail assets will be divided between three Swiss Life REIM-operated funds.
* PropertyEU reported that Axa Investment Managers - Real Assets acquired a majority stake in the 8Gallery shopping center in Turin, Italy, for €105 million from asset manager GWM Group. The purchase was made through a joint venture with Pradera and on behalf of the investment firm's clients.
France and Belgium
* AccorHotels' group share net profit for the first half reached €2.18 billion, higher than the €87 million recorded in the prior-year period due to the sale of 57.8% of the capital of its AccorInvest SAS unit.
The French hotelier expects to log full-year 2018 EBITDA of between €690 million and €720 million.
* France-based retailer Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA signed a €213 million equity swap agreement with a bank for the sale of a 15% stake in its real estate subsidiary Mercialys. The agreement advances the retailer's €1.5 billion disposal program.
* Generali Real Estate bought two properties in Paris and Brussels from German fund manager GLL Real Estate Partners for an undisclosed sum, PIE reported. The deal, made on behalf of two Generali group entities, involves the 11,500-square-meter Atrium Bercy office building in Paris and the 8,980-square-meter Montoyer 47 office and retail building in Brussels.
* Grivalia Properties REIC's Grivalia Hospitality SA unit increased its paid-up share capital to €180 million after closing a new €60 million share capital raise. Funds will be used to finance the Greece-based company’s investment plan.
Other real estate news
* Gazit-Globe Ltd. sold its remaining 5.6 million shares in U.S. shopping center REIT Regency Centers Corp. for US$347 million or US$61.95 per share. The disposal was part of the company's plan to reduce its holdings in public companies, raise its stake in private real estate and lower leverage.
Now featured on S&P Global Market Intelligence
Data Dispatch: Tanger, CBL, DDR highly exposed to vulnerable apparel sector, tenant data shows
The Daily Dose Europe, Real Estate edition has an editorial deadline of 7 a.m. London time. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
Cam Nones contributed to this report.