S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive management, board and other personnel moves at Latin American financial institutions. News items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Costa Rica's government suspended five directors from the board of Banco de Costa Rica, including Monica Segnini, Evita Argudas, Francisco Molina, Paola Mora and Alberto Raven.
* Banco Supervielle SA said José Luis Panero took over as the bank's managing director.
* Grupo Supervielle SA's board approved the appointment of Pablo Di Salvo as chief credit officer, replacing Javier Martínez Huerga, who resigned for personal reasons.
* Unisys Corp. hired Eduardo Almeida as vice president and general manager for Latin America.
* Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo SA said Claudia Cooper Fort resigned as a board member, while Camilo Carrillo Purin was appointed as a new director.
* BBVA Asset Management Administradora General de Fondos SA said Paulina Las Heras Bugedo and Paloma Luquin Minguez were appointed as directors, replacing Alvaro Roberto Ibarra Leiva and Aldo Zegers Undurraga.
* Banco GNB Perú SA said Rafael Enrique Llosa Barrios submitted his resignation as a director at the bank, effective Oct. 18.
* HSBC Bank (Chile) said it appointed Andrés Chechilnitzky Rodríguez a director, replacing Victor Aguayo.
* Seguros Sura SA said Andres Bernal Correa left his position as director.
* XL Catlin, the global brand used by XL Group Ltd's insurance and reinsurance companies, named Flavio Zoppello client and distribution leader in Brazil.
* Itaú Unibanco Holding SA appointed Andre Balestrin Cestare, Renato Barbosa do Nascimento and Tom Gouvêa Gerth executive board members, expanding the board's size to 25 members from 22.
* Banco de Crédito del Perú appointed Gianfranco Ferrari de las Casas to head a new general management division, while Percy Urteaga Crovetto was named central manager of retail banking and wealth management, both effective Oct. 1. Urteaga concurrently stepped down as the general manager of Mibanco Banco de la Microempresa SA and was replaced by Humberto Javier Ichazo Bardales.
* The board of Liberty Cia. de Seguros Generales SA appointed Pablo Barahona Flores board chairman and James Czapla vice chairman.
* Banco La Hipotecaria SA said Lorenzo Romagosa Lassen resigned as director and chairman of the board, and will be replaced by Eduardo José Fábrega Alemán.