S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European and Asia-Pacific real estate industries. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The North America Hires and Fires column will be published Thursday.
* Atrium European Real Estate Ltd. CEO Josip Kardun will step down from his position, effective March 31, 2017, according to a release. Liad Barzilai became the company's deputy CEO, effective Dec. 21, and will transition into the CEO role upon the end of Kardun's term.
* Shangri-La Asia Ltd. said that COO Christopher Kung Wei Liu will step down as a director of the company, effective March 31, 2017. Liu plans to resign to pursue personal interests, according to the company.
* Peter Kahan stepped down as a nonexecutive director of Charter Hall Group on Dec. 20, according to a release. The company appointed Arena REIT Chairman David Ross to serve as an independent director, effective Dec. 20.
Ross previously served as CEO of GPT and global CEO for real estate investments for Lendlease Corp. Ltd.
* ORIX JREIT Inc. said that Junko Kanazawa resigned as a director of the REIT's manager, ORIX Asset Management Corp., effective Dec. 31. The company appointed Kazuhiko Tanpo to serve as a director, effective Jan. 1, 2017. Keiji Ito will also become the chairman of ORIX Asset Management on the same day, replacing Hiroshi Yasuda, who will step down Dec. 31.
ORIX JREIT also said that Tanpo will become a director of its manager Jan. 1, 2017.
* Noboru Kuboniwa will succeed Naoki Kabata as the acting chief investment officer of Japan Prime Realty Investment Corp.'s manager, Tokyo Realty Investment Management Inc., effective Jan. 1, 2017. Kabata will retire on Dec. 31.
* Hotel Property Investments secretary Jenny Romeo was replaced by David Charles, effective Dec. 22, according to a filing.