trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/umniac2w1wqiq-fqd5abkw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Lucapa recovers 25-carat yellow diamond from Mothae mine in Lesotho

Blog

Funding Social and Affordable Housing: A Credit Perspective

Blog

Global M&A By the Numbers: Q2 2021

Blog

Snapshot: Report - High-Flying Battery Makers Have Much To Win And Lose

Blog

Lithium prices hold firm, cobalt prices rally


Lucapa recovers 25-carat yellow diamond from Mothae mine in Lesotho

Lucapa Diamond Co. Ltd. said May 22 that it recovered a 25-carat yellow diamond from the Mothae mine in Lesotho.

The diamond was recovered from the Neck zone of the project, which is outside the resource estimate of 1.04 million contained carats for Mothae, during the first two days of trial processing through the bulk sampling plant.

The diamond miner will now begin processing three 50,000-tonne bulk samples, which aims to upgrade the current resource estimate and mine life, with material sourced from the Neck, North and South East zones of the project

Lucapa owns a 70% interest in Mothae, with the Kingdom of Lesotho owning the remaining 30%.