trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/FmU_5C_n7CTY3d9e7yQ0aw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Investor group completes purchase of Itaú Chile Seguros de Vida

Blog

The World's Largest P&C Insurers, 2023

Blog

The Worlds Largest Life Insurers, 2023

Blog

Essential IR Insights Newsletter Fall - 2023

Blog

Insurers get to grips with evolving net zero standards


Investor group completes purchase of Itaú Chile Seguros de Vida

Itaú Chile Inversiones Servicios y Administración S.A. and BICSA Holdings Ltd. have completed the sale of their entire stakes in Itaú Chile Compañía de Seguros de Vida SA to a group of investors, according to a statement.

Itaú Chile Inversiones previously owned 99% of the life insurer, while BICSA held the remaining 1% stake.

Investor Boris Buvinic Guerovich acquired a 34% stake in Itaú Chile Compañía de Seguros, while Inversiones Y Servicios Financieros San Cristóbal II SA bought 33%. Contempora Inversiones SA and Asesorías e Inversiones El Alba Limitada purchased the remaining 29% and 4%, respectively.

Following the deal, which was announced in June 2019, Buvinic Guerovich has been appointed chairman at Itaú Chile Compañía de Seguros. Other board members include Julio Jaraquemada Ledoux, Gonzalo Martino González, Cristián Silva Bafalluy and Juan Alfredo García Sandoval.