S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a biweekly rundown of executive and board changes in the European media and communications industries.
* Sergey Soldatenkov is stepping down as general director and CEO of Russian mobile operator MegaFon ahead of his contract's expiration in 2019. MegaFon's board is keen on naming Gevork Vermishian, currently the company's executive director, to replace Soldatenkov.
* ER-Telecom director general Andrey Semerikov has vacated his role after 17 years, Broadband TV News reported Oct. 5, citing Comnews. Andrey Kuzyaev will take over his post while Semerikov who will become deputy board chairman at the Russian cable operator.
MEDIA INDUSTRY MOVES
* Bernard Majani is stepping down as director of acquisitions at Groupe M6, effective Dec. 21. Bérengère Terouanne will head the company's acquisitions department following Majani's departure.
* British Broadcasting Corp. unit BBC Studios named Fiona Campbell to be the head of its documentary unit, replacing Aysha Rafaele, who is setting up a factual drama hub within the BBC unit. Campbell is the digital director at BBC News.
* Red Arrow International President Henrik Pabst has been appointed to a newly created senior executive position within ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE's entertainment segment, effective Jan. 1, 2019. His responsibilities will include local content commissioning and content acquisitions. Bo Stehmeier will fill Pabst's vacated role at Red Arrow Studios International.
* Jérôme Barrier has been appointed director of the small, medium and corporate division of Microsoft Corp. unit Microsoft France. Barrier will lead the team that supports French VSEs, SMEs and ETIs in accelerating their digital transformation.
* Will Sawyer has stepped in as CFO of Zinc Media Group PLC, the U.K.-based content producer said Oct. 10. Sawyer, who will also sit on the company's board, was most recently finance director at ITN Productions.
* Scottish broadcaster STV Group PLC appointed new executives for its news division, effective Nov. 1. Steven Ladurantaye has been named head of news and current affairs, Linda Grimes will serve as editor of broadcast output and David Milne will become editor of digital output. STV News will also have an editorial board that will be chaired by anchor John MacKay.
COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY MOVES
* Phil Jordan has joined TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC's board as an independent nonexecutive director, effective immediately.
* Magyar Telekom announced Oct. 12 that Balázs Máthé is stepping down as the company's chief legal and corporate affairs officer and management committee member, effective Dec. 31. The legal and corporate affairs team will directly report to Magyar Telekom CEO Tibor Rékasi upon Máthé's departure.
* Ivan Loginov has stepped down as CEO of Russian operator Crimeatelecom, Telecompaper reported Oct. 12, citing Comnews.ru. Denis Savvatayev, who previously served as CEO, has been appointed acting CEO.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.