trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/9momvcsez5qwp-d6ou2lng2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Värde Partners, Barclays, Guber Banca acquire Italian bad-loan portfolio

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: May Edition

Blog

Latin American and Caribbean Market Considerations Blog Series: Focus on IFRS 9

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: April Edition - Part 2

Blog

The Evolution of Cloud Banking: Successful Implementation & Frameworks


Värde Partners, Barclays, Guber Banca acquire Italian bad-loan portfolio

Värde Partners Inc., Barclays PLC unit Barclays Bank PLC and Guber Banca jointly acquired through a securitization vehicle a nonperforming loan portfolio with a gross book value of approximately €1.40 billion.

The portfolio was originated by 53 cooperative banks, rural banks and popolari banks in Italy. It consists of more than 9,000 positions, with 39% of the portfolio secured and the remaining 61% unsecured. The loans were originated mainly in Italy's northeast and northwest regions.

As part of the deal, securitization vehicle Futura SPV issued single-tranche notes, most of which was underwritten by a company majority owned by Värde and financed by Barclays Bank. A minority portion of the notes will be held by Guber Banca, which will also act as servicer and sub-servicer of the portfolio.

Centrale Credit & Real Estate Solutions, which is part of Cassa Centrale Banca Group served as an adviser in the sale process. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP acted as a legal adviser for Värde Partners, Barclays Bank and Guber Banca, while Banca IMI advised CCRES.