S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of recent board changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc. board appointed William Bishop the company's permanent CEO and president. Bishop, who was named the company's interim CEO after the departure of Anand Vadapalli in June, will also serve on the company's board. He joined Alaska Communications in 2004 and has served in several leadership roles, including senior vice president of customer and revenue management and COO.
* Interpublic Group of Cos. Inc. appointed Linda Sanford as an independent director of the company. Sanford previously was senior vice president of enterprise transformation for International Business Machines Corp. Sanford's appointment expands IPG's board to 12 directors and also increases the number of women on the board to four.
* Middle-market private equity firms TA Associates Management LP and Charlesbank Capital Partners LLC agreed to provide financing to HelpSystems LLC, which provides systems and network management, business intelligence, and security and compliance services. As part of the transaction, TA Associates' managing director, Harry Taylor and senior vice president, Michael Libert will join the board of HelpSystems along with Charlesbank's managing director Hiren Mankodi.
* VMware Inc. elected Marianne Brown to its board. Since January 2018, Brown has been corporate executive vice president and co-COO of the global financial solutions segment of Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
* ATN International Inc. appointed James Eisenstein as a new independent director of the company. Eisenstein was CEO and chairman of Latin American-focused wireless tower company Grupo TorreSur for nine years. He was also a co-founder and member of the senior executive teams of American Tower Corp. and Optasite Inc.
* Edgar Bronfman resigned from IAC/InterActiveCorp board. Bronfman's decision to resign was not the result of any disagreement between him and the company, according to an SEC filing.
* Private equity firm Andreessen Horowitz LLC led a $300 million series D funding round for RigUp Inc., an energy contractor marketplace. As part of the funding deal, Andreessen Horowitz partner David George will join the company's board.
* Equinix Inc. expanded its board to 10 members with the appointment of Sandra Rivera. Rivera is executive vice president and chief people officer at Intel Corp. She will be joining Equinix board's compensation committee.
* Tix Corp. reached an agreement with stockholders HSB Capital Partners LP and Haren Bhakta to resolve certain disputes regarding the election of directors at the company's 2019 stockholder meeting. Pursuant to the agreement, Andrew Pells, Steven Zelinger, Aaron Bregman and Mesfin Eyob, who were reelected at the 2019 annual meeting, will resign and be replaced by three HSB designees. The HSB designees are Bhakta, Michael Fisk and Jeremy Weiner. In addition, Norman Feirstein was appointed chairman of the board. HSB owns about 4.8% of Tix's outstanding common stock.