* Among today's early earnings reports: Citigroup Inc., WellsFargo & Co., U.S. Bancorp, PNC Financial Services Group Inc. and FirstHorizon National Corp.
* Kansas-based Equity Bancshares Inc. agreed to buy Arkansas-basedCommunity First Bancshares Inc. in a cash-and-stock deal valued atapproximately $68.8 million.
* In , OakStar Bank and Bank ofUrbana are merging.
* Fifth Third Bank receiveda "needs to improve"Community Reinvestment Act rating from the Federal Reserve for the 2011-2013evaluation period. Fifth Third Bancorp said the rating "reflects legacyissues" that have already been addressed during the intervening threeyears.
* The MassachusettsSecurities Division's regulatoryguidance for investment advisers using robo-advisory services emphasizedthat disclosures and fees would particularly be under scrutiny.
* The U.S. TreasuryDepartment's Federal Insurance Office adopted a methodology for gaugingauto insurance affordability— and has received criticism for not factoring in state insurance laws and forattempting to standardize something "inherently subjective."
* Ingo Money Inc., arisk-management services provider, raised $4million in an equity offering.
* And Marcie Frost willassume the role of CEOat the California Public Employees' Retirement System in October.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET.Some external links may require a subscription.