S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a summary of various ratings actions on Latin American financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* S&P affirmed its B- long- and B short-term issuer credit ratings on Banco Agrícola SA while revising the outlook to stable from negative.
* Fitch Ratings assigned BBB long- and F3 short-term foreign and local currency issuer default ratings on holding company Intercorp Financial Services Inc.
* S&P Global Ratings assigned BBB- long- and A-3 short-term issuer credit ratings on Peru-based nonoperating holding company Intercorp Financial Services Inc.
* S&P raised El Salvador's long-term foreign- and local-currency credit ratings to CCC+ from Selective Default, or SD, its short-term ratings to C from Selective Default, or SD, and the issue-level rating on its foreign-currency senior unsecured debt to CCC+ from CCC.
* Fitch assigned BB+ long- and B short-term foreign currency issuer default ratings to Banco BBM SA, along with BBB- long- and F3 short-term local currency issuer default ratings, AAA(bra) long- and F1+(bra) short-term national ratings, and "bb-" viability rating.
* S&P affirmed Banco Mercantil del Norte SA Institución de Banca Múltiple's BBB+ long- and A-2 short-term global scale issuer credit ratings. The rating agency also affirmed the bank's mxAAA/mxA-1+ long- and short-term national scale ratings.
* Fitch affirmed the national insurer financial strength rating of Renta Nacional Cia. de Seguros Generales S.A. at BBB(cl).
* Fitch assigned a negative watch to Seguros Ve por Más SA Grupo Financiero Ve por Más' A(mex) rating.
* Fitch affirmed Davivienda Seguros (Costa Rica) S.A.'s national financial strength rating at AAA(cri).
* Moody's downgraded Banco de Costa Rica's baseline credit assessment, or BCA, and adjusted BCA to "ba3" from "ba2" and its long-term counterparty risk assessment to Ba2(cr) from Ba1(cr).
* S&P Global Ratings lowered El Salvador's long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency credit ratings to Selective Default, or SD, from CC and C, respectively.
S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.