This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* During the second quarter, National Storage Affiliates Trust acquired 10 self-storage properties in five states, encompassing 700,000 square feet of rentable space and 4,900 storage units for $70.0 million. The company also invested about $12.5 million to fund the acquisition of four self-storage properties in two states through its 25%-owned unconsolidated real estate venture, which invested a combined total of $49.8 million for the acquisition.
NSA also sold two self-storage properties to an unnamed buyer for gross proceeds of $10.3 million.
After June 30, the company purchased four additional self-storage properties for roughly $41 million. The properties have a rentable space of about 300,000 square feet and contain about 2,500 storage units.
* Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. in June purchased a 76,000-square-foot medical office building at the Santa Rosa Regional Hospital campus in San Francisco for $26.8 million and a 62,000-square-foot medical office building on the Holy Cross Hospital campus in Washington, D.C., for $24.0 million. In July, the company acquired a 43,000-square-foot medical office building on the West Hills Hospital and Medical Center campus in Los Angeles for $16.3 million.
Healthcare Realty sold three assets for a total of $38.2 million in the second the quarter, including one inpatient rehabilitation facility for $14.5 million and two medical office buildings for $23.7 million.
* CT Real Estate Investment Trust completed the third-party purchase of land leased to Canadian Tire in Picton, Ontario, as well as the vend-in of Canadian Tire stores in Victoria, British Columbia; Maniwaki, Quebec; and Calgary, Alberta. The company also completed the development of a new Canadian Tire store in Elmira, Ontario, and expanded Canadian Tire stores in Marathon, Ontario, and in Edmundston, New Brunswick.
The company plans to invest a total of C$53 million in four properties with a gross leasable area of about 202,000 square feet over the next few quarters through any combination of cash, draws on its credit facility, and issuance of class B and class C LP units to Canadian Tire Corp. Ltd.
* Life Storage Inc. acquired two stores in Los Angeles for a joint venture for an aggregate price of $26.9 million during the second quarter, and is under contract to acquire three stores for a joint venture for a total of $39.0 million, with the company contributing $7.8 million.
* Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. sold Sarasota Commerce Center II in Sarasota, Fla., for $23.5 million in the second quarter.
* Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc. acquired an equity interest of about $3.9 million in the owner of the 100%-occupied Washington Commons Shopping Center in Dumont, N.J., which includes a free-standing 44,300-square-foot Stop & Shop and a three-story retail and multifamily building.
* Federal Realty Investment Trust acquired a 90% interest in a 71,000-square-foot single-story, mixed-use building for an undisclosed amount. The building is at 1700-1730 4th St. in Berkeley, Calif., and is currently leased to CB2, California Closets and Ingram Books.
* CyrusOne Inc. acquired 66 acres of land in Allen, Texas, for an undisclosed amount after the end of the second quarter. The company also has an option to acquire an additional 24 acres of adjacent land.
JLL Income Property buys suburban Atlanta apartment complex for $47M
Duke Realty closes 4th phase of portfolio sale to Healthcare Trust of America
Inland Residential buys apartment community for $37M
CalAtlantic Homes purchases 149 lots in Seattle community
Aragon adds to Atlanta apartment property portfolio
Amazon sets up 1st Australia warehouse ahead of retail launch