* The U.K.'s supreme court denied Goldman Sachs' appeal for compensation from Portugal-based Novo Banco related to an $835 million loan extended to the collapsed Banco Espírito Santo, Reuters reports.
* The National Pension Service of Korea is the lead bidder to purchase Goldman Sachs' new London headquarters for more than $1.4 billion, a Bloomberg News source says.
* Private equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners is backing Canadian insurance brokerage Navacord in a deal to buy out its minority capital partner.
* A U.K. court ruled that the interchange fees set by payment processors Visa and Mastercard are unlawful and restrict competition, Bloomberg reports.
* Insurance broker Holmes Murphy & Associates acquired specialty risk management company Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.