trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/6vl4brhiw3ufm0_93t7tsq2 content
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR USE OF COOKIES. REVIEW OUR
PRIVACY & COOKIE NOTICE
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *

* Required

In this list

Japan's Taiyo Life to launch insurance software company in Myanmar

Street Talk Episode 41 - How to Win the Funding Battle, Use Fintech to Play Offense

Forward Spark Spreads Suggest Rising Profitability Of US Renewables As Sector Matures

MA Activity The Big Story In Mature Online Video Platform Market

Martina Cheung Backs The Quality Program


Japan's Taiyo Life to launch insurance software company in Myanmar

Japan-based Taiyo Life Insurance Co., a subsidiary of T&D Holdings Inc., will jointly launch an insurance software company in Myanmar with a local corporation as early as February 2017, The Nikkei reported Dec. 27.

The new company will have capital of approximately 1.2 billion Myanmar kyat, with Taiyo Life Insurance owning a 49% stake and Myanmar's Ace Group of Cos. owning the remaining 51%. The venture will start operations after receiving approval from the Myanmar government.

Myanmar forbids foreign capital in its life insurance market, though the government is expected to loosen this rule as early as 2017.

Taiyo Life Insurance was the first Japanese insurer to open a representative office in Myanmar in 2012.

As of Dec. 26, US$1 was equivalent to 1,372.35 Myanmar kyat.