S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Xplore Wealth Ltd. appointed Michael Wright CEO, with effect from Sept. 9.
* JB Financial Group Co. Ltd. appointed Baek Jong-il CEO of its JB Asset Management Co. Ltd. subsidiary, Money Today reported Aug. 6.
* Futuristic Solutions Ltd. named Anupam Dev an independent director for a five-year term, effective Aug. 5.
* Acuon Capital Corp. appointed President and COO Lee Jung-moo to be its CEO, Yonhap News Agency reported Aug. 5, citing the South Korean company.
* TPG Capital Management LP appointed David Tan a managing director.
* Jiangsu Zhangjiagang Rural Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. named He Shengqi one of its directors.
* Richa Arora resigned as a whole-time director of Frontline Securities Ltd., due to personal reasons.
* Qujing City Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. appointed Zhou Guoqing a vice president.
* Guo Wenfeng is replacing Liu Hong as president of Bank of Jinzhou Co. Ltd., subject to regulatory approvals. Liu stepped down from the role due to personal health reasons, but will remain on the bank's board as a nonexecutive director.
* CIMB Group Holdings Bhd. let go of 10 investment bankers in Hong Kong amid the closure of its investment banking business in the city, Reuters reported, citing Jefferi Hashim, CEO of CIMB Investment Bank Bhd.
* LIC Housing Finance Ltd. named Siddhartha Mohanty its new managing director and CEO. In addition, Hemant Bhargava stepped down as a director of the Indian company.
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. appointed Shinji Tokunaga CEO of Global Open Network Japan Inc., the Japanese megabank's high-speed payments joint venture with U.S. tech giant Akamai Technologies Inc., The Nikkei reported.
* Wang Yong, Everbright Securities Co. Ltd.'s chief risk officer, tendered his resignation, Caixin reported, citing multiple unnamed sources. Wang's resignation comes amid the fallout from an investment in 2016 by the brokerage's Everbright Capital Corp. unit into the now-bankrupt British media company MP & Silva Holding SA.
* RHB Bank Bhd. appointed Rakesh Kaul group head of retail banking, The (Malaysia) Star reported, citing an announcement from the banking group.
* Bank of China Ltd. named Zhang Jiangang a nonexecutive director, effective July 29.