S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a periodic rundown of selected ratings actions on U.S. energy companies. The changes, confined to upgrades, downgrades and changes in outlook, are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* S&P Global Ratings lifted its ratings on Continental Resources Inc. to investment grade, expecting the oil and gas company to keep spending in line with cash flows while improving production.
* S&P Global Ratings upgraded Terraform Global Operating LLC's corporate credit rating to BB- from B+ and its stand-alone credit profile to "b+" from "b" following its move to offer up to $400 million of senior notes due 2026 to redeem its outstanding senior notes due 2022.
* S&P Global Ratings revised its outlook on ALLETE Inc. to negative from stable, after the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission granted a $12.6 million rate increase for subsidiary Minnesota Power Inc.
* S&P Global Ratings lifted its ratings on Antero Resources Corp., noting the exploration and production company's plan to live within its cash flow.
* Moody's downgraded the ratings of SCANA Corp. and its subsidiary South Carolina Electric & Gas Co. following legislative action in the South Carolina General Assembly that temporarily halts recovery of investments in the abandoned V.C. Summer nuclear reactors.
* Fitch Ratings flagged NorthWestern Corp. for a possible one-notch downgrade and revised the company's outlook to negative.
S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.