This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* The CEO of Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc., Donald Miller, will retire, effective June 30. The company tapped President and Chief Investment Officer C. Brent Smith to succeed Miller, who will stand for board re-election for the 2019-20 term. The company also appointed Smith to the board.
* HFF Inc. CEO Mark Gibson will join Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. as CEO of capital markets for the Americas and as co-chair of JLL's global capital markets board, as the two companies announced a merger March 19.
* David Carbonaro stepped down as president, CEO and a director of Prime City One Capital Corp. The company named Vikas Ranjan, president and a director of Gravitas Financial Inc., to replace Carbonaro.
* Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust Inc. appointed Paul Kolodziej chief accounting officer. Kolodziej also assumed the role of principal accounting officer from Paul Quinlan, effective March 13.
* Marriott International Inc. expanded its board to 14 members with the addition of CVS Health Corp. Executive Vice President Margaret McCarthy as an independent director, effective March 19.
* Paramount Group Inc. nominated former CEO of JLL and current chairman of the supervisory board of Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Colin Dyer, as a director candidate at its upcoming annual meeting scheduled for May 16.
* Life Storage Inc. enlarged its board to nine members with the addition of CEO Joseph Saffire.
* Sabra Health Care REIT Inc. increased the size of its board to nine members with the appointment of Lynne Katzmann as a director. Katzmann is the founder, president and CEO of seniors housing and long-term care communities operator and developer Juniper Communities LLC.
* Willoughby Laycock joined Saul Centers Inc.'s board, effective March 14.
* Hudson Pacific Properties Inc. board member Michael Nash resigned and was replaced by Christy Haubegger, effective March 14.
* TRI Pointe Group Inc. promoted Linda Mamet to chief marketing officer.
* Cushman & Wakefield PLC named Greg Schuster president of its Global Occupier Services for the Americas.