S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* HSBC Holdings PLC intends to boost the workforce in its Asia retail wealth management business as part of its expansion plans in the region, Reuters reported.
* On the other hand, Morgan Stanley trimmed the number of staff in its equities business in Asia, including in Hong Kong and Singapore, as part of a plan to cut costs globally, Reuters reported.
* Bank of Queensland Ltd. named Patrick Allaway as chairman-elect, following the resignation of Roger Davis from the role.
* Credit Saison Co. Ltd. intends to add Kazutoshi Ono and Kazue Yasumori to its board as directors, subject to shareholders' approval. The company also announced the resignation of Teruyuki Maekawa and Kazuhiro Hirase as directors of its board, effective March 1 and April 15, respectively.
* Cox & Kings Financial Service Ltd. appointed Ajay Ajit Peter Kerkar as an additional director, following the May 28 resignation of Sampath Kumar Krishnan and Shailesh Pednekar as executive directors of the company.
* Donald Rice resigned as Credit Suisse Group AG's Asia-Pacific private banking deputy head of fund solutions and head of alternatives, finews.asia reported, citing an unnamed source. Following his exit, Salman Shah was appointed head of alternative fund solutions, the source added.
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. named Richard Yorke as Asia-Pacific head of global corporate and investment banking, The Business Times reported.
* Security Bank Corp. appointed Sanjiv Vohra as president, CEO and a director to its board. The appointment will take effect July 1, subject to regulatory approvals.
* Richard Morin stepped down as Pakistan Stock Exchange Ltd.'s CEO.
* China Construction Bank Corp. elected Tian Bo and Xia Yang as nonexecutive directors, while Li Jun retired from the same role.
* Benjamin Hornigold Ltd. added Peter Ziegler as one of its directors.
* Wuxi Rural Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. named Shao Leping a director on its board.
* Rajkishor Chaturvedi resigned as a director of Brijlaxmi Leasing & Finance Ltd.
* I.C. Singhal stepped down as a director of Mefcom Capital Markets Ltd., effective May 6.
* HSBC Holdings' HSBC Bank (Singapore) Ltd. subsidiary named Kanakanjan Ray to the newly created role of head of financial institutions group for Southeast Asia, Singapore's The Straits Times reported. The appointment is part of the company's plan to further expand its presence in the region.
* Mongolia's Golomt Bank LLC named Norihiko Kato CEO, effective May 23.
* HB Portfolio Ltd. appointed Himanshu Kansal as CFO.
* Union Bank of the Philippines said Marie Aimee Tumao retired as loans and trade finance operations management head and vice president, while Joseph Manzano resigned as auto finance business head and vice president of the company, effective June 1. Further, Miraflor Enecio will step down as shared services management group head and assistant vice president on June 3.
* Hsu Rockson resigned as Chong Hing Bank Ltd.'s chief risk officer to pursue other career opportunities. Deputy Chief Executive Fung Siu Ming will take over the role's responsibilities until a replacement is appointed.
* Varadaraja Iyer M resigned as an additional director of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. due to personal reasons, with effect from May 25.
* Hind Securities & Credits Ltd. added Gopal Krishan Talanga and Anurag Jain as independent directors on its board. Additionally, Ajay Kumar Jha and Lalit Jain resigned as independent directors after their tenures ended March 31.
* Indo Credit Capital Ltd. appointed Chandravir Singh as an additional director.
* Shu Xingnong stepped down as Bank of Nanjing Co. Ltd.'s president and director because of a work adjustment. The bank's chairman, Hu Shengrong, will temporarily oversee the duties of the president for the time being.
* Paul Franz Winkelmann joined Dah Sing Financial Holdings Ltd.'s board as an independent nonexecutive director following the retirement of Seiji Nakamura and John Wai-Wai Chow as directors.
* Cheng Pusheng resigned as employee representative supervisor of China CITIC Bank Corp. Ltd., citing a work adjustment.
* Bank of Chongqing Co. Ltd. elected Yin Jun as its employee supervisor, effective May 23.
* Greenpro Capital Corp. named Ramesh Ruben Louis as an independent director. The appointment is subject to shareholders' approval during the company's annual meeting scheduled on June 6.
* Jai Anmol Ambani resigned as one of Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.'s directors.