The 10most read real estate articles for the week ending April 8.
1. New specialtyfinance platform led by former Kimco CEO to target smaller-scale RE deals
Orangewood Partners launched Peaceable Street Capital,which has already made two preferred equity investments, one each in multifamilyand self-storage.
2. GlobalMedical REIT planning IPO
The Maryland-based corporation is mainly focused on theacquisition and leasing of licensed, state-of-the-art, purpose-built health carefacilities.
3. W. P.Carey announces $167M deal for 3 prep schools
Affiliates of Nord Anglia Education will lease the properties,located in Florida and Texas, under 25-year triple-net leases.
4. NationalHealth Investors buys 8 skilled nursing facilities, signs 15-year lease with EnsignGroup affiliates
The purchased properties have a total of 931 beds.
5. Simonexercises $750M accordion feature on $2.75B credit facility
The increased supplemental facility, combined with thecompany's existing $4.0 billion facility, provides the mall giant with $7.5 billionof total revolving credit capacity.
Europe,Asia, emerging markets
1. Report:Mirvac to abandon rival bid for IOF
Instead, the company will focus on growing its office propertyportfolio, The Australian reported, citingunnamed executives.
2. AccorHotelsacquires hospitality group onefinestay for €148M
A €64 million commitment was also announced to aid theinternational expansion of onefinestay.
3. GLP completesstake syndication in GLP US Income Partners II
The company has completed its stake syndication in propertiesin the U.S. for an aggregate cash consideration of US$1.3 billion, subject to post-closingadjustments.
4. Report:Hotel Lotte's IPO could be delayed until June
The company could delay its South Korean IPO in a possibleeffort to increase its valuation.
5. UniteGroup CEO to leave for St. Modwen
Mark Allan is heading to St. Modwen Properties to take over from current CEO BillOliver, while Unite Grouppromoted an executive to replace the outgoing CEO.