This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Gino Romagnoli, former executive vice president of Temple Hotels Inc., will join Lanesborough Real Estate Investment Trust as its new CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2017, replacing Arni Thorsteinson, who will continue to serve as vice chairman and trustee.
* Sentio Healthcare Properties Inc. named Spencer Smith CFO, treasurer and secretary, replacing Sharon Kaiser, who will step down from those positions, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
* Darren Robb joined Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.'s proposed real estate spinoff, Park Hotels & Resorts Inc., as senior vice president and chief accounting officer, effective Dec. 20. Robb most recently was vice president, global head of financial reporting and accounting policy, of Hilton Worldwide.
* Vornado Realty Trust appointed Mandakini Puri to its board of trustees, increasing the number of board members to 10. Puri is an independent consultant and also sits on the board of Validus Holdings Ltd.
* Lee Elman joined the board of Healthcare Trust Inc. as an independent director, effective Dec. 21.
* Gordon Smith will not stand for re-election as a director to Choice Hotels International Inc.'s board at the company's 2017 annual shareholder meeting.