S&P Global MarketIntelligence presents a weekly overview of various ratings actions on MiddleEastern and African financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions arelisted by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Capital Intelligence affirmed 'sfinancial strength rating at A, with a stable outlook.
* Fitch Ratings affirmedEthiopia's long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings at B,with a stable outlook. The country ceiling and the short-term foreign-currencyissuer default rating were affirmed at B.
* Standard & Poor'sRatings Services affirmed Morocco's long- and short-term foreign-currencysovereign credit ratings at BBB-/A-3. The outlook is stable.
* S&P affirmed SaudiArabia's unsolicited long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency sovereigncredit ratings at A-/A-2, with a stable outlook.
* Moody's affirmedGCB Bank Ltd.'s B3/NPlong- and short-term local-currency deposit ratings and Caa1/NP long- andshort-term foreign-currency deposit ratings. The agency also affirmed thebank's "b3" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments andB2(cr)/NP(cr) counterparty risk assessment. The outlook on the bank's long-termdeposit ratings remains negative.
* Capital Intelligence affirmed 'sBBB+ financial strength rating, with a stable outlook.
* S&P B+/B long- and short-term counterparty creditratings to South Africa-based African Bank Ltd. The outlook is negative.
S&P Ratings andS&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by McGraw Hill Financial Inc.