S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
* AccorHotels Chairman and CEO Sebastien Bazin is standing for re-election as a nonexecutive nonindependent director at Banyan Tree Holdings Ltd. Bazin is also a director at Accor SA, General Electric and China Lodging Group.
* Yanlord Land Group Ltd. appointed Hee Theng Fong as an independent director, chairman of the nominating committee and member of the risk management committee, effective Oct. 10.
* CapitaLand Ltd. named HSBC's former managing director and real estate finance head for Asia-Pacific to lead its newly formed private equity management arm, CapitaLand Investment Management. James Lim is expected to begin serving in his new role Nov. 1.
* Goodman Group CEO Gregory Goodman was appointed as a director at Goodman's Hong Kong unit Goodman Logistics (HK) Ltd., with effect at the conclusion of the Nov. 16 annual general meeting of the company. Goodman will replace Philip Fan, who will step down from the post on the same date.
* Beijing Capital Land Ltd. named Su Zhaohui as a nonexecutive director, replacing Sun Baojie, who is stepping down at the company's Oct. 31 extraordinary general meeting.
* Toshimitsu Fujiwara's tenure as an executive director, along with the terms of supervisory directors Kentaro Shibata and Koji Nishiuchi, at LaSalle LOGIPORT REIT will end Nov. 30. The company is planning to name replacements Dec. 1 for the two supervisory directors and Fujiwara, who is also the president and CEO of the company's manager, LaSalle REIT Advisors K.K.
* Advance Residence Investment Corp. is proposing to appoint Takeshi Takano as a substitute executive director and Yoshitsugu Oba as a supervisory director. Satoru Kobayashi and Kesao Endo were also nominated to be substitute supervisory directors. Hidejiro Matsuda, meanwhile, decided to not stand for re-election.
* Teh Peng Peng resigned as Tropicana Corp. Bhd.'s company secretary, effective Oct. 15.
* UOA Development Bhd.'s general manager of projects, Stephanie Kong Pei Zen, was named an alternate executive director of the company, with effect from Oct. 12.
* Nick Collishaw, CEO of Centuria Capital Group's listed funds, and Roger Dobson joined the boards of Centuria Property Funds Ltd. and Centuria Property Funds No. 2, the respective responsible entities of Centuria Metropolitan REIT and Centuria Industrial REIT. Collishaw's board appointment is in preparation for his new nonexecutive role when he steps down from his CEO post in 2018.
Jason Huljich, meanwhile, stepped down as director from the said boards to concentrate on his increased executive roles when he starts heading the group's listed property funds arm from Jan. 1 2018.
* Tony Tran stepped down as Viva Energy REIT's company secretary. Mark Licciardo and Kate Goland were named as joint company secretaries, effective Oct. 11.
* Kittiya Pongpujaneegul assumed the corporate secretary role at AP (Thailand) Public Co. Ltd. Oct. 10, following the Sept. 30 resignation of her predecessor, Pumipat Sinacharoen.