S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* PhaseRx Inc. terminated the employment of its chief scientific officer Michael Houston as part of a restructuring. The company also plans to lay off 50% of its workforce.
* Depomed Inc. appointed Santosh Vetticaden senior vice president and chief medical and scientific officer of the company. Vetticaden was most recently the interim CEO of InsysTherapeutics Inc.
* Antony Odell is stepping down as the CEO of Tissue Regenix Group plc and his position on the board. The company's nonexecutive chairman John Samuel is assuming the role of interim executive chairman.
* Monash IVF Group Ltd. named David Morris as CEO and managing director. Most recently, Morris served as chief strategy officer and senior vice president of business development at Cochlear Ltd.
* Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc.'s President and CFO Graham Miao will leave the company at the end of the year to pursue other opportunities. The company is searching for a replacement.
* Kamalam Unninayar will join Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Inc. as CFO. Unninayar previously held various financial roles at Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
* James Fortune resigned as COO of Ocular Therapeutix Inc., effective Dec. 31.
* Eleven Biotherapeutics Inc. said John McCabe resigned as CFO, to be replaced by Richard Fitzgerald on an interim basis.
* Barclay Phillips will step down as Novavax Inc.'s senior vice president, CFO and treasurer. The company's President and CEO, Stanley Erck, will act as CFO in the interim.
* Assembly Biosciences Inc. said Miguel Barbosa will resign as chief scientific officer. Barbosa will remain with the company as a consultant in a strategic advisory role.
* GlaxoSmithKline plc's chief medical officer, Murray Stewart, will join Novelion Therapeutics Inc. as the executive vice president and head of research and development, effective Nov. 27.
* Histogenics Corp. promoted Chief Technology Officer Stephen Kennedy to the position of executive vice president and COO.