S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Irvine, Calif.-based First Foundation Inc., the parent of First Foundation Bank and First Foundation Advisors, appointed Daniel Fan director of wealth planning. Fan will work with teams across First Foundation, including helping clients within the private wealth management, banking, insurance and trust departments.
Fan most recently served as senior vice president and director of wealth planning and insurance at First Bank Wealth Management.
* Northern Trust Corp. named Xavier Martinez senior portfolio manager and promoted Rick Fernandez to managing director of one of its wealth advisory teams in its Miami office.
Fernandez joined the Chicago-based company in 2002. Martinez most recently served as chief investment officer for Miami-based Coconut Grove Bank, a unit of Coconut Grove Bankshares Inc.
* Michel' Cole was appointed to the board of Topeka, Kan.-based Capitol Federal Financial Inc. and unit Capitol Federal Savings Bank, to replace Marilyn Ward, who is retiring upon reaching the board's mandatory retirement age.
Ward has served as executive director of ERC/Resource & Referral from 1985 until her retirement in 2004. Cole, meanwhile, is vice president of corporate communications and public affairs for Westar Energy.
* Pittsfield, Mass.-based Berkshire Bank, a unit of Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc., named Kevin Nihill senior vice president and treasurer and Allison O'Rourke executive vice president of finance in its corporate finance department.
Nihill has been serving as the lead of Berkshire Bank's strategic analytics group. O'Rourke joined the bank in 2013 as vice president of investor relations.
* Community Banks of Colorado, a division of Greenwood Village, Colo.-base NBH Bank, appointed Nathan Callister managing director of commercial banking. Callister is a 12-year veteran of Wells Fargo & Co., with more than 15 years of experience in the banking industry.
Additionally, David Terry was named president of Hillcrest Bank, another division of NBH Bank. Terry joined Hillcrest Bank in 2016 as senior vice president and commercial market president for the Dallas-Ft. Worth market.
NBH Bank is a subsidiary of National Bank Holdings Corp.
* Leslie Murphy, CEO of W. Bradley Electric, was appointed to the board of Bank of Marin Bancorp, the parent of Bank of Marin, effective Jan. 20.
* Laurel, Md.-based Revere Bank named Robert Barclay senior vice president of commercial banking in its Towson branch.
Barclay has previously served as senior vice president for two large regional banks.
* Terrence Dunn and Nancy Buese notified UMB Financial Corp. of their decision to not stand for re-election on the company's board at its 2017 annual shareholders' meeting. Their decisions are not tied to any disagreement with the company or its management.
Dunn's career includes serving as CEO of J.E. Dunn Construction Group. Meanwhile, Buese recently accepted a new position with Newmont Mining Corp.
The Kansas City, Mo.-based company is the parent of UMB Bank NA.
* Celtic Bank, a subsidiary of Celtic Investment Inc., named Michael Fosmark head of its new specialty commercial finance division.
Fosmark joined the Salt Lake City-based bank in 2015.
* Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis appointed Mark Wright senior vice president and research director, effective in May.
Wright currently serves as a senior economist and research adviser in the economic research department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.