S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Lawrence Kellner resigned as a member of Chubb Ltd.'s board of directors after being named executive chairman of Sabre Corp.
* Luc Versele was named chairman of Crelan NV and will be replaced by Philippe Voisin as CEO of the Belgian bank.
* JSC VTB Bank said Sergei Dubinin was elected chairman of its supervisory council.
* Emmanuel Roman resigned as a director of Société Générale SA following his appointment as CEO of Pacific Investment Management Co. LLC.
* Provident Financial Plc appointed David Sear and John Straw as independent nonexecutive directors of the company, effective Jan. 1, 2017. Sear serves as chairman of Bango Plc, while Straw is a digital entrepreneur whose experience includes stints at Thomas Cook Group Plc and Premier Farnell Plc.
* The European Central Bank's Governing Council named Pentti Hakkarainen a representative to the supervisory board of the Single Supervisory Mechanism. Hakkarainen, who will take up his new role in February 2017, serves as the deputy governor of the Bank of Finland and chairman of the Finnish Financial Service Authority.
* CaixaBank SA named Alejandro García-Bragado a member of the board of directors to replace Eva Aurín Pardo, who resigned. García-Bragado resigned as secretary of the board, effective Dec. 31, in lieu of his appointment.
* Due to the expired term of office of the current supervisory board of Hrvatska poštanska banka d.d., the Croatian government proposed to elect Željko Lovrinovic and Marijana Vuraic Kudeljan to the supervisory board for a period of six months. The bank also received a proposal from shareholder HP-Hrvatska pošta d.d. to elect Marijana Milicevic to the supervisory board. The management board and the supervisory board initiated the selection process of new supervisory board members.
* Andreas Gottschling resigned from the post of supervisory board chairman at Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d. with effect from Dec. 31.
* Norbert Dentressangle stepped down as vice chairman of AXA's board of directors and senior independent director, effective Dec. 14, to focus on his family-owned investment holding company. André François-Poncet was appointed to the board with immediate effect to serve the remainder of Dentressangle's mandate, which expires as of the 2018 shareholder meeting.
* Chesnara Plc nonexecutive director Peter Wright stepped down from the post, effective Dec. 31. Jane Dale replaces Wright as chairman of the board's audit and risk committee.
* Rabobank's general members council named Petri Hofsté and Pascal Visée members of the supervisory board, pending approval from the ECB, De Nederlandsche Bank and the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets. Hofsté is a member of the supervisory boards of Achmea BV, Kasbank NV, Fugro BV and BNG Bank. Hofsté also serves as a member of the advisory board of the Amsterdam Institute of Finance. Visée is a member of the supervisory boards of Mediq BV, PLUS Retail BV and Erasmus University.
* LCH.Clearnet Group Ltd. said Denise Wyllie and Laurent Curtar resigned as directors of the company Dec. 31, 2015. Puneet Malhi was appointed as a director of the company, effective Nov. 30.
* Wioletta Rosolowska resigned as a member of Bank Pekao SA's supervisory board as of the end of Dec. 31.
* Tomáš Klimícek, director of the credit risk management department at J&T Banka a.s., became a board member of company Dec. 1.