trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/36iTGVo62vAaPPE8DjnH7w2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Carlsberg acquires 28.5% stake in Viacer

Blog

Global M&A By the Numbers: Q1 2022

Blog

Insight Weekly: Earnings forecasts for US banks; corporate deleveraging; LatAm currency gains

Blog

Insight Weekly: M&A slows down; climate tops proxy season; private equity pours into blockchain

Blog

Mizuho Securities is Now Available in S&P Global’s Aftermarket Research


Carlsberg acquires 28.5% stake in Viacer

Danish brewer Carlsberg A/S said Dec. 13 that it bought a 28.5% stake in Viacer, the controlling shareholder of Portugal-based beverage company Super Bock Group.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Viacer owns approximately 56% of Super Bock Group's shares while the remaining 44% is held by Carlsberg.

The transaction raises Carlsberg's direct and indirect ownership in Super Bock Group to 60%, according to the release.

Carlsberg CEO Cees 't Hart said in a statement that the Super Bock Group offers "appealing long-term opportunities" due to its strong position in its home market.