S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European and Asia-Pacific real estate industries. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The North America Hires and Fires column will be published Thursday.
* NH Hotel Group's largest shareholder, HNA Group, renewed its call for the company to resolve its corporate governance woes after NH Hotel signed a new management contract with Hesperia.
* Affine plans to split the function of its joint chairman and CEO position into two separate roles by Jan. 1, 2017, following a suggestion from current Chairman and CEO Maryse Aulagnon. Aulagnon will assume chairmanship of the board, while Co-CEO Alain Chaussard will become CEO and remain the board's vice chairman.
* Hemfosa Fastigheter AB said that Jens Engwall will continue to serve as the company's CEO. As a result, Deputy CEO Joacim Sjöberg will step down after the board decided to terminate his employment.
* William Heaney resigned as a director of Local Shopping REIT Plc but will remain as the company secretary. The REIT appointed Brett Miller to serve as a nonexecutive director, effective Dec. 12. Miller will also be a part of the company's audit and remuneration committees.
* China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. appointed Yan Jianguo to serve as an executive director and CEO, replacing Xiao Xiao, effective Jan. 1, 2017. Xiao will step down after being appointed to the role Nov. 15 to focus on his duties as chairman.
* Charter Hall Group appointed Anne Edwards and Phil Schretzmeyer to serve as temporary joint CFOs, following Paul Altschwager's resignation from the role to pursue new opportunities in the new year.
* Mantra Group Ltd. appointed several general managers across its Peppers, Mantra and BreakFree properties across Australia, according to a Dec. 12 release. Todd Heal took on the general manager role for Mantra Broadbeach on the Park in Queensland, while Andrew Walling assumed the position for the Mantra on Jolimont property in Melbourne.
The company named Christopher Chew and Hayden Edgtton as general managers of its BreakFree Eco Beach, Byron Bay, and Peppers Soul, Surfers Paradise, properties, respectively. Tim Bridgman assumed the position of regional financial controller of the Victoria/Tasmania regions and Matt Borger will take over as director of trade sales in early 2017.
* Aloysius Lee will step down as a director and group CEO of City Developments Ltd. unit Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc on Feb. 28, 2017.
* Country Garden Holdings Co. Ltd. appointed Chen Chong to serve as a nonexecutive director, effective Dec. 8, according to a filing.
* Joy City Property Ltd. said Cao Ronggen assumed the position of an executive director of the company, with effect from Dec. 7. Cao also became a member of the remuneration committee.
* Hyprop Investments Ltd. said Ethan Dube retired from the board as an independent nonexecutive director at the company's annual general meeting Dec. 1.